Sign in to follow this  
Andrea

Very lethargic betta

Yes that is actually the one I've seen in stores :) I thought there might have been others available.

Also I just salted the tank, fingers crossed it goes well and then tomorrow I should add the other 0.05%?

Yep even after a few hours. If he's not reacting to it after 8pm you can go ahead and add the remaining 0.05%

He isn't doing very well at all Narny :( He has come to the top of the tank and is just sort of floating there with very clamped fins. It's hard to tell if he is still breathing, but I do think he is, just very slowly.

I think he may be on his way out, I hate to be negative, but it doesn't look good at all. I feel so bad, I should have acted quicker but he just went down hill so quickly and I thought his slight inactivity at first was just how betta's act sometimes. I don't know them very well at all :(

I don't think it's because of the salt, his neither worse or better, but I won't add anymore for now.

Edited by Andrea

Albus passed away last night :( Poor little guy, he really wasn't doing well. I'm glad he is no longer suffering but I wish it never happened in the first place. I wanted to offer him a good life but well hopefully it was at first.

Thank you for all your help Narny (and others), including from the start when I first got Klaus. I won't be getting another betta, going through two in 6 months sucks and hurts too much. I guess they aren't for me. I really appreciate all the advice and help you've given me but!

RIP Albus :(

I'm sorry :( You've just had some rotten luck. Don't let discourage you from keeping them- you've done nothing wrong :hug

RIP little Albus

It's so hard, it was hard enough losing Klaus how I did and now this happened. I am really discouraged and I don't want to go through it again just yet. So I'll be leaving it for a bit, maybe forever. It's a pity because I have the tank and such, but I'll just put all my attention on Clementine.

I'm so sorry, Andrea! :(

Sorry for your loss, Andrea. RIP Albus. :(

Since you have the tank, have you considered turning it into a planted shrimp colony? They can be fun to watch. :)

Thank you guys :(

Nice suggestion Dan, but I'm not really interested in having red shrimp and also I have never ever seen any in the shops near me!