Update but not many pics

All is well in my fishy world. With the after-vacation-disaster I luckily had "only" two losses; Vanille and Chibi. Sad, but out of 15 that's not tooooo bad.

Anyway, everyone is doing fine now, played musical fish a little while ago. I can't show too many pics since hubby went to a family wedding this weekend and took my camera charger with him since it works for his Kindle (for which he lost his charger).

ANYWAY. Here some photos.

The four stud muffins. It is crazy how inseparable these guys are, yet they like to pick on others (including their mom). So back into their separate tank they went. Still, sometimes it's hard to believe these guys are now 2 1/2 years old, and aside from being little jerks with the other fish, they are such adorable and cute seven-inchers.

100_2101_zpse6ad61c3.jpg
100_2105_zps85f1be03.jpg

I also love this comparison pic. They STILL like to line up for photos :D

100_2105Xcopy_zps2117e907.jpg

Normie and Willie do so great! I love these guys! They also love each other (especially Willie loves Normie, that little pervert) and are so cute. They have grown so darn much as well, and it is now quite apparent that Willie is a common.
I find this very interesting though, never had a common before. He grows so much faster than my comets ever did. Not much longer and he will have the same body length as my (small sized) stud muffins above. Willie also sports a few, very cute breeding stars already.

100_2122_zps38db666d.jpg

100_2123_zps5e59909c.jpg

The big tank currently houses Hugo, Spicy, Banana, Kimahri and Bullet. These five together seem to be getting along wonderfully. It's also balanced neatly with three girls and two boys. Spicy has grown so much in her tub, she is now almost 4" body length, 7.5" total length. I wonder how much longer she will hold the chocolate color.
Kimahri is so full of breeding stars, it is ridiculous lol. Same with Bullet, he actually has two rows of breeding stars on his pectorals ROFL

Hugo checking out her anubias

100_2117_zps4c991c8c.jpg

Spicy has gotten SO big

100_2132_zps6f4c5717.jpg

Kimahri and Bullet full of breeding stars, Banana in the background

100_2138_zps90bdc71a.jpg

A couple full tank shots. The mangrove seedlings are doing really well in all of the tanks

100_2129_zpsf58b89f6.jpg

100_2130_zpse8bc6832.jpg

Wakka and Kupo are occupying the tub

100_2139_zps71ecff54.jpg

100_2140_zpse6e9bb8c.jpg

The main diet for these guys currently is duckweed. The riccia natans is trying to recover after Norm ate all but a few pieces up. I guess it must be tasty... but I now have a 17g tub out in the shade on the patio in which I grow duckweed and r.n. In order to keep pests away I have my two minnows live in the tub, who eat up all the mosquito larvae - awesome!

The goldfish love their plants and these sure are beneficial. Especially the mangrove seedlings, they remove a lot of nitrates.

They also adjusted well to the freshwater, I just plopped them in (basically) and they adjusted on their own. You can see them in the full tank shots of the big tank :)

So yeah, a quick update, and hopefully I'll find some more time and care to be back on here :)

Fang! Great to see you and your fish!

I absolutely love the comparison shot of the 4 of them all lined up. :rofl They are gorgeous!

And look at lil Norm! :heart I adore him! He looks terrific!

Your fish are all so gorgeous! Thanks so much for the update. It's great to see you around. :D

Glad to see you back posting on koko's :D I'm sorry about the loss of your 2 poor fishies :death

Your pics are wonderful! Especially the line up comparison :thumbs:

BTW, thanks for the mangrove info. I'm thinking I might need some. :teehee

Hi Fang, :) It was so nice to see your post. So sorry for the loss of your two goldfish. Even losing two out of the many you have is still two to many. That must have been difficult for you. :hug Your fish and tanks look so nice. I love the comparison photo's also. What a big difference. They are all adorable and big.

All is well in my fishy world. With the after-vacation-disaster I luckily had "only" two losses; Vanille and Chibi. Sad, but out of 15 that's not tooooo bad.

Anyway, everyone is doing fine now, played musical fish a little while ago. I can't show too many pics since hubby went to a family wedding this weekend and took my camera charger with him since it works for his Kindle (for which he lost his charger).

ANYWAY. Here some photos.

The four stud muffins. It is crazy how inseparable these guys are, yet they like to pick on others (including their mom). So back into their separate tank they went. Still, sometimes it's hard to believe these guys are now 2 1/2 years old, and aside from being little jerks with the other fish, they are such adorable and cute seven-inchers.

100_2101_zpse6ad61c3.jpg

100_2105_zps85f1be03.jpg

I also love this comparison pic. They STILL like to line up for photos :D

100_2105Xcopy_zps2117e907.jpg

Normie and Willie do so great! I love these guys! They also love each other (especially Willie loves Normie, that little pervert) and are so cute. They have grown so darn much as well, and it is now quite apparent that Willie is a common.

I find this very interesting though, never had a common before. He grows so much faster than my comets ever did. Not much longer and he will have the same body length as my (small sized) stud muffins above. Willie also sports a few, very cute breeding stars already.

100_2122_zps38db666d.jpg

100_2123_zps5e59909c.jpg

The big tank currently houses Hugo, Spicy, Banana, Kimahri and Bullet. These five together seem to be getting along wonderfully. It's also balanced neatly with three girls and two boys. Spicy has grown so much in her tub, she is now almost 4" body length, 7.5" total length. I wonder how much longer she will hold the chocolate color.

Kimahri is so full of breeding stars, it is ridiculous lol. Same with Bullet, he actually has two rows of breeding stars on his pectorals ROFL

Hugo checking out her anubias

100_2117_zps4c991c8c.jpg

Spicy has gotten SO big

100_2132_zps6f4c5717.jpg

Kimahri and Bullet full of breeding stars, Banana in the background

100_2138_zps90bdc71a.jpg

A couple full tank shots. The mangrove seedlings are doing really well in all of the tanks

100_2129_zpsf58b89f6.jpg

100_2130_zpse8bc6832.jpg

Wakka and Kupo are occupying the tub

100_2139_zps71ecff54.jpg

100_2140_zpse6e9bb8c.jpg

The main diet for these guys currently is duckweed. The riccia natans is trying to recover after Norm ate all but a few pieces up. I guess it must be tasty... but I now have a 17g tub out in the shade on the patio in which I grow duckweed and r.n. In order to keep pests away I have my two minnows live in the tub, who eat up all the mosquito larvae - awesome!

The goldfish love their plants and these sure are beneficial. Especially the mangrove seedlings, they remove a lot of nitrates.

They also adjusted well to the freshwater, I just plopped them in (basically) and they adjusted on their own. You can see them in the full tank shots of the big tank :)

So yeah, a quick update, and hopefully I'll find some more time and care to be back on here :)

the water is good~

Fang how did you get that awesome algae wall? I have tried for some time not never got it to take off >.< I think I am in need of some new bulbs... It's been about a year now

• 4 weeks later...

Fang how did you get that awesome algae wall? I have tried for some time not never got it to take off >.< I think I am in need of some new bulbs... It's been about a year now

I am not too sure. The nitrate is always rather low, and the bulbs are old (never replaced) and weak. It's like 32 or 36watt total in this 55g tank. I simply stopped scrubbing brown algae on the back and sides and eventually I saw it slowly turning greenish in small areas, then it spread out to slowly become more and more green. :)

This tank does get a bit of indirect daylight though. No real direct sun (only during a few of the winter months, and then only for a couple hours a day in like 10-20% of the tank), but that's it. This is my only tank with green algae too, so I really can't say what exactly is the reason lol

It is set up in that spot for almost 3 years, and I battled brown algae for like almost two years.

I am not too sure. The nitrate is always rather low, and the bulbs are old (never replaced) and weak. It's like 32 or 36watt total in this 55g tank. I simply stopped scrubbing brown algae on the back and sides and eventually I saw it slowly turning greenish in small areas, then it spread out to slowly become more and more green. :)

This tank does get a bit of indirect daylight though. No real direct sun (only during a few of the winter months, and then only for a couple hours a day in like 10-20% of the tank), but that's it. This is my only tank with green algae too, so I really can't say what exactly is the reason lol

It is set up in that spot for almost 3 years, and I battled brown algae for like almost two years.

Scrape some of that stuff off, and transfer it to your other tanks. It spreads like wildfire, when you don't want it to, so I'd hope that it would, if you do. :rofl

Scrape some of that stuff off, and transfer it to your other tanks. It spreads like wildfire, when you don't want it to, so I'd hope that it would, if you do. :rofl

LOL Not sure! The mangroves are really outcompeting anything else in my tanks. Not that they grow fast, but they absorb all the nutrients. I started to fertilize ALL my tanks, but I am barely even getting brown algae in any tank anymore.

great to see you back fang! I was starting to wonder where you've been :) Your fish all look great :) I love the before/after pick of the guys