Im Back

Rojo

Hello everyone,

i am back on Koko's after i moved from hawaii back to the mainland. So as some of you remember i was worried about my fish traveling from hawaii to california, i sold my acrylic tank to one of my soldiers there, and kept my five fish in a tub for two weeks with daily water changes and feeding once a day, and my two red caps didnt take it so well i didnt want them to die so i gave them to another soldier of mine where they are growing beautifully and loving life. As for my other three fishies 1 calico tele, 1 gold tele, and my beautiful black and red oranda they got to fly with me in the plane! "well not in the plane with me but under the plane as cargo which was a better deal then having them shipped for me by ups or fed ex. When we arrived in california i had to wait 2 hours to get them as soon as i got them i bought a 60 gallon aquarium masters tank and stand ( i love the black sealant they use to bond the glass together) brought my AC70 with me and put the media inside a seperate bag and it traveled with my fish. i set it up bought a fluval 306 added my ac 110. so im running two aquaclear hob and a canister filter ive changed from bare bottom to sand to dirt and back to sand and my fishes are loving them. i recently bought a panda moore and its too beautiful and im really happy with the way things are going right now. besides the plants sand and goldfish, i bought some zebra danios, buenos aires tetras , and some algae eaters. they have been living together perfectly fine. Here they are

Posted Image

Here is my panda

Posted Image

look at damu being camera shy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Full tank shot

Posted Image

That is so cool they got to ride in the plane with you :thumbs:

Love your tank and welcome back to koko's :)

your tank is looking awesome!! Welcome back :D

Just to warn you, I believe those plants with the white edging are ribbon plants, which are not true aquatic plants and will eventually rot and die over time if kept underwater. Do you happen to know what the grassy looking ones are? (I am wondering if those are mondo grass, but I'm not sure. Places like petco often sell ribbon plants and mondo grass, neither of which are truly aquatic)

Welcome back to Koko's and a warm welcome to California. :)

You have been very busy with your fish. I'm sorry two of your fish weren't doing well for the travel but at least you found a great home for them.

All of your fish look great. Love your calico.

Just to warn you, I believe those plants with the white edging are ribbon plants, which are not true aquatic plants and will eventually rot and die over time if kept underwater. Do you happen to know what the grassy looking ones are? (I am wondering if those are mondo grass, but I'm not sure. Places like petco often sell ribbon plants and mondo grass, neither of which are truly aquatic)

Thanks since then ive removed the ribon plants and gave to my daughter to learn resposibility and the "hair grass" is still in the tank i bought them from a lfs which has tons a planted tanks and they have never had those ribon plants and that day they did and i got them, as for the hair grass the shop owner has them in the display tank. BUT i just ordered from planted aquariums central and cant wait for the plants to get here.

Thanks since then ive removed the ribon plants and gave to my daughter to learn resposibility and the "hair grass" is still in the tank i bought them from a lfs which has tons a planted tanks and they have never had those ribon plants and that day they did and i got them, as for the hair grass the shop owner has them in the display tank. BUT i just ordered from planted aquariums central and cant wait for the plants to get here.

oh, I wonder if it might be giant hair grass? :)

congrats on your recent order from PAC! I love getting stuff from them, their plants are awesome :)