What happened to my moss ball?

Mikey

They haven't touched it though :(. It was somewhat coming apart when I got it, but it was the best one that my LFS got in from the distributor. I guess I could put something round around it and a rubber band?

I didn't use it. :rofl I was like wait there is air in here, it's going to float. So I just bunched it back together and put it in my tank. Maybe it will regrow? :idont

They may only grow approx 5mm per year, but what you need here is for it to sort of "pull itself back together" which it should do by itself soon enough. Just give it a VERY gentle roll every other day, keep the water clean and keep it away from any strong currents and of course, your fish!

Good luck, Mikey. :heart

yep that why I don't have them any more ;) lol

the fish sure did a number on mine and they aren't cheap ;) lol

They didn't touch it though :o it was only in for a day.

I have it in a breeder net now rolling it everyday. :tomuch:

That actually happened to some of my marimo. Goldfish can be nasty tankmates for them. I tied them up with fishing line to help give them a little more shape. Some daily rolling and good water and now they are doing much better! I also removed mine from the goldfish tank because the goldies were just a bit too rough with them. Maybe you want to consider keeping your marimo in a separate little bowl.