Sign in to follow this  
HappyPercy

3 different PH readings from digital PH monitors on the same tank?

I wanted to check to see if my digital PH monitors read somewhat the same readings so I measured the PH on one tank with 3 different meters. None of the readings were even close to the same. Two of the meters are the same brand and give constant readings. (see in the picture below) The other one is also a digital meter but you dip it in. I would have expected them to be closer in their readings. Which one is the accurate one and why am I getting different readings?? I've properly and recently calibrated all of the meters so there should be no reason for the meters to be off. They say the two point meters only last 18 months. I've only had them a couple months. Which reading is the correct one? I'm frustrated because I spent a TON of money on these meters. Any suggestions? The blue tubes are the probes that go into the tank. I put them next to each other

n5sn.jpg

kgv1.jpg

fixy.jpg

Could the batteries maybe drained a little to not give axis rate readings? Maybe try changing them :)

It takes disposable batteries and I did just swap them out :)

Okay :). Just wanted to make sure because I know things that won't be accurate without the :P

Recalibrate and retest. They're not all going to be spot on, but you'd expect better for the price! Let us know how it goes!

Yeah I would say definitely recallibrate them all. Mine goes all wierd sometimes after not using for a while so I just callibrate it again and it is good to go