Sign in to follow this  
HappyPercy

Go Speckles Go!

Speckles I've had for almost two years now. He's handicapped, he can't stay upright... but he doesn't give up and he tries so hard. This fish inspires me. Just because he's handicapped doesn't mean he can't live a good life or that it isn't worth living. :)

He's really active still :) That's so impressive. Was he always handicapped?

He's really active still :) That's so impressive. Was he always handicapped?

No. He was a rescue. This is a video of him back in September:

I found him at work when I started my job. Water had not been changed in two months, the tank was filthy and fully of so much decor it had ripped off scales. I rehabilitated him, but it was clear in the beginning that he was already starting to have swimbladder problems. He's always had a swollen abdomen. This video was taken in September 2012. Just the fact that he is alive is amazing. I didn't think he'd make it after he started having severe problems but he's showing me he wants to live.

Aw, speckles is adorable :heart it's just wonderful to see how much he thrives in your care!

Glad to see Speckles is doing well.

:heart

I know this is not what the vid is about but have you thought about making him a support harness?

I know this is not what the vid is about but have you thought about making him a support harness?

Yes, and I've been advised not to. I guess to me its not worth it. I've heard horror stories with it. It's a nice concept though

They're all so cute! :) :) How do you keep that tank bottom so sparkling? I'm jealous!

Yes, and I've been advised not to. I guess to me its not worth it. I've heard horror stories with it. It's a nice concept though

Ok I was just wondering I don't really know anything about them. Just that some people have.

Still an inspiring fish and you can tell he is still very healthy :)

:) thanks guys I adore him

So cute!!! OMG I want :wub:

:) I scrub the inside of the tank a lot, but I do it especially for Speckles, because he has to slide around on the bottom and I don't want any of it to be abrasive if it gets that film that can grow on the sides and bottom of the tank :)

Speckles sure has a lot of persistence in him and so do you for not giving up on him. He sure is a little fighter. Thanks for the update on him. I always love seeing how he's doing. Your title, "Go Speckles Go" suits him. :) He's a cutie pie.