Pondies (image heavy)

So I wrangled all of my fish out in the pond and got them out to get measured and weighed. I've noticed how bright everyone has gotten and they just look so vibrant and wonderful. Some of the pictures aren't the best, just a warning. It started off quite nice out but by time I was done it was drizzling and had begun to thunder :roflPhotobucket also murder the quality of them :( goshdarnit.

Here are some individual shots in the pond and some group shots:

june058.jpg

Shokin, a feeder rescue and father of my single fry.

june060.jpg

ushi the tiku pearlie and my one eyed tele.

june061.jpg

ikura, the ryukin

june062.jpg

hoshi the lemonhead oranda and the one eye tele again (she gets in every shot)

june114.jpg

june117.jpg

how I'm greeted at feeding time.

Now onto the individuals. Each fish has a side shot, a top shot with a grid underneath (each square is 1x1in), a hand comparision shot, and a scale shot. I hope to do this throughout the summer to document growth:

Ikura:

june121.jpg

june126.jpg

june130.jpg

june131.jpg

Ikura hasn't grown much since I've got him but he is so colorful and friendly. He's named because he's a similar orange to salmon roe.

One eye'd tele:

june139.jpg

june137.jpg

june140.jpg

june142.jpg

The tail on her is just incredible, being mostly blind she is much more tame than the others and spends a lot of time alone exploring the pond.

Ushi:

june147.jpg

june145.jpg

june148.jpg

june149.jpg

Ushi was the luckiest LFS find ever. She's become so pretty and round, and I love her blue ridge that the calico coloration gives her.

Sharkie:

june152.jpg

june157.jpg

june159.jpg

june161.jpg

june162.jpg

Sharkie is developing quite the tummy, for a ranchu defect she certainly is pretty, and although she didn't have any wen when I bought her she's developing some!

Shokin:

june166.jpg

june163.jpg

june167.jpg

june168.jpg

Shokin is very hard to handle and is a very nervous fish. In the pond he is the fastest and most active swimmer.

Kai:

june169.jpg

june170.jpg

june172.jpg

june175.jpg

june177.jpg

Kai has turned one year old! It's hard to imagine that about a year ago she was the size of a penny. She is very tame and my pride and joy.

Orange Peel:

june181.jpg

june180.jpg

june183.jpg

june185.jpg

OP was a 15cent feeder and was very small when I purchased her back in november. She is growing up to be quite the stunner!

Cider:

june189.jpg

june186.jpg

june191.jpg

june192.jpg

Cider is a hamanishiki from my LFS that I've had since october. She's getting to be large and absolutely lovely.

Hoshi:

june193.jpg

june196.jpg

june199.jpg

Hoshi is a skinny little guy I bought a few months back. I'm still trying to fatten him up but he puts all his growth into his cute little wen!

Thanks for looking guys!

That was so neat how you posted your photo's. That must have also taken awhile to do all that with your fish.

Your fish are adorable and you have some that are pretty big. They looked cute greeting you in that one photo.

Thanks for sharing all these with us. I really enjoyed it.

Wow! That was a fantastic post you made... the photos are so organized and your fish are very cute and lovable :wub:

My faves are your one eyed tele and the cute oranda!:)

I love it! Must be so relaxing to sit next to in the summer.... I want a pond but not the right time in my life me thinks...;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Aside from the fact that you and I have the same scale, the fish look amazing! I also love how shokin weighs only 6 grams while being about as long as the others that weigh around 20 grams :)

You may also send me Cider :3

they are all looking so great! Kai is getting too be quite the fatty! Can we have some full pond pics, please?

:tomuch: No matter how many pics you post, we still find something else you didn't post any pics of. :rofl

Beautiful fish! Great update! :nana