Aqueon 40 Gallon Breeders

I'm looking at upgrading to a much larger tank for my 2 goldfish, and I just wanted to know your guys opinion on Aqueons range of tanks, specifically the 40 gallon breeder. Are they expensive? Are they durable? Good quality? Etc. thanks for any advice, I'm really open to other people's opinions :)

I love my 40 gallon breeder. Its held up pretty well over the past year i've had it so no complaints here. You can find one at the petco dollar per gallon sale, otherwise they aren't very cheap.

I love my 40 gallon breeder. Its held up pretty well over the past year i've had it so no complaints here. You can find one at the petco dollar per gallon sale, otherwise they aren't very cheap.

This is exactly what I did. They're a fortune, if you don't get them at the DpG

I've always used Aqueon tanks and am also picking up a 40 breeder soon :) Highly recommended! You can't beat the price at the dollar per gallon sale.

I have one and looooooove it. To me, it's the perfect size. Both yafashelli and I have our 40 breeders pictured in our sigs.

I see you are from Australia? I can't comment on price in Australia but in the USA you can get them cheap at the dollar per gallon sale as mentioned above. :D

Thanks heaps guys!

Does petco do their dollar per gallon sales online, because as fantailfan1 said, I'm from Australia and we don't have Petco stores here. I'm pretty sure Petco ships to Australia please let me know if I'm wrong :D

I always fail to look at the little flag -facepalm- sorry about that! If you have local classifieds and all that, look there for tanks :) There are mega-bargains if you keep an eye out! And those Aqueon tanks are pretty common. Lots of people buy up big sets, have big plans for fish, and then don't do research so the fish don't do well and they become disenchanted with the hobby and decide to sell off their stuff cheap.

I've never seen any Aqueon tanks at any of my lps, the only tanks my lps have is Aquaone (which are very expensive) and BluePlanet (which are pretty good, I have one at the moment). And blackmoors I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland

Edited by Liam Morley

You're going to find tanks, like most things in this country, are expensive. Granted, it is all relative to your income, but in comparison to the US there's substantial mark-up/taxes on international brands. Have you tried looking on Gumtree? Sometimes you'll stumble across some large tanks for a decent price. :)

Juwel tanks are also good and can be found here. In my experience, however, the internal filters are a waste of time and space. That said, they are easily removed with a razor blade and some elbow grease—in fact, the first time I did it, it took me about 20 minutes from start to finish (this includes removing all the silicone).

Happy hunting!

You're going to find tanks, like most things in this country, are expensive. Granted, it is all relative to your income, but in comparison to the US there's substantial mark-up/taxes on international brands. Have you tried looking on Gumtree? Sometimes you'll stumble across some large tanks for a decent price. :)

Juwel tanks are also good and can be found here. In my experience, however, the internal filters are a waste of time and space. That said, they are easily removed with a razor blade and some elbow grease—in fact, the first time I did it, it took me about 20 minutes from start to finish (this includes removing all the silicone).Happy hunting!

I've found through looking at gumtree and just thinking about my local pet stores that City Farmers (an Australian pet store that's pretty much everywhere although its relatively unknown... Lol) is actually really good. I'm not sure if you've heard of the brand Blue Planet or not but they're like the main brand of fish stuff that City Farmers stocks and their tanks are pretty good... And cheap ;P . They have these plain 150L glass tanks for pretty cheap and good quality and all that stuff.

Anyways I've decided I'm gonna get one of them and chuck an Aquaclear either 50 or 70 on there as well as an Eheim Canister filter, not decided on the exact Eheim, if you have any advice that would be awesome :D