Hold on... What?

Kat428

So i have apparently been living my entire aquarium life under a rock. They SHIP FISH?
Apparently its done often. So it must be safe. Can someone explain how this is done?
I have no clue of a way that could do it without stressing the fish into death..

:rofl yes! and many of us including myself have had fish shipped to us!

basically it is done over a period of 24-48 hours and the fish is fasted for 3 days prior to shipping. they are doubled bagged and placed in a styrofoam shipping container to maintain temperature. They are then placed in a corrugated box and sent on their way! I've never had a bad experience with fish being shipping to me. it can be very stressful on the fish, but my own have always done very well.

To add to Sarajo, During colder temperatures, shippers place a pocket warmer that gives off gentle heat inside the box to prevent the fish from freezing during its journey. The fish are usually shipped via overnight mail.

Edited by Chai

Yes they do! The fish in my avatar is my fish that was shipped to me! This is also how the lps and walmarts of the world get fish :)

Yes they do! The fish in my avatar is my fish that was shipped to me! This is also how the lps and walmarts of the world get fish :)

Thats really weird. I figured that they were shipped by professionals. I had no clue that pretty much anyone could do it.

Also side note, I Love the spice names of the fish :D

Edited by Kat428

It is really expensive. And the calculators online are not accurate as they need the weight and dimensions. It cost me double to ship a fish to a fellow member than the webaite said.

Edited by ashlee18

Some distributors charge more than others. For example it's $90 for dandy orandas to ship overnight to CA, but only $35 for Rain Garden to ship from Hawaii. Granted RG only offers 2 day shipping and DO doesn't. I only have experience with these two though and have never personally shipped a fish to someone else.

Edited by sarajo

Thats really weird. I figured that they were shipped by professionals. I had no clue that pretty much anyone could do it.

Also side note, I Love the spice names of the fish :D

Yeah the first time I found out that fish are ship like a normal package was when my lps got a shipment from ups while I was there and it said live fish :rofl

:) And thanks it's becoming the theme although two just had names that fit them. Baby was named before the theme and Cupid has a heart on his tail :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2