Potted pond plants?.

• Supporter

Yep I have them in all oh my tanks :)

I put sand or gravel on top of the soil or what ever growing media you chose. Just keeps things clean :)

I even have a pond lily in my 80 gal tank and have to state you need high light for those.

I had to add two extra lights to mine for it to grow right.

Isn't that only when they are in ponds or other areas that might contain fish?.

Well, I guess the relevant question is where are your plants coming from?

• Supporter

Bulbs? or live plants?

If you are talking about dry bulbs I would not worry about it.

If you are talking live plants (witch I think you are) I still would because you don't know what might be in their water. Just an extra precaution.

Since it doesn't really do harm to disinfect, I would do that. Better safe than sorry. :)

Could not have said it better my self... lol

I learned from a youtube video of tithra's on how to disinfect live aquarium plants. Go check it out. It's great.

You more or less take one part bleach to 16 parts water and let the plants soak in that for about 15 minutes. (I believe. It's been so long since I've seen video)

You still want to sterilize plants for insects and snails that come from fishless pond supply stores. This will also rinse off chemical fertilizers that they use that may be stronger than ferts used with fish-in plant selections. :)

• Admin

You still want to sterilize plants for insects and snails that come from fishless pond supply stores. This will also rinse off chemical fertilizers that they use that may be stronger than ferts used with fish-in plant selections. :)

Yup I learned too..