Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpoiledRotten

EMERGENCY: Severe burn

This is so hard to see. My heart is broken for you both. Stay strong--every new day is a step in the right direction. :hug

He's trying, MK. Really hard.

I'm so sorry you are going through this chelsea :( Hang in there, you are doing an amazing job :hug

I'm going to learn a lot about patience and perseverance here among other things.

we will learn it, teach it & get through it together :hug

You guys are gonna make me cry as I read this thread :cry Chelsea, I am truly sorry for all you and Elvis are going thru.

I am pulling for you both! :bighug

aw hun, i feel for you both :heart

chelsea hun, i'm not going to lie, it's touch n go from here. i believe we're at the point where no more can be lost and we're either going to see some repair work beginning or we're going to lose him.

i'm rooting for the happier story to my statement. we all are! we're all sending strong healing thoughts to Elvis and a world of comfort & encouragement to you. hopes of strength channeling through cyberworld, straight to Elvis! :heart

C'MON ELVIS! YOU CAN DO IT!

It's what I've been steeling myself for since this started. I knew from the beginning how severe the wound was. We're both fighting right now, really hoping that he'll be my little phoenix and rise out of this, but at the same time I'm mentally preparing myself for the worst in case (fate forbid) it happens. Right now he's butted up to the side of the tank next to me and I've had my hand on the other side of the glass in an attempt to comfort him. Every once in awhile he tries to get rid of the pain by swimming around, flashing against the walls and floor of the tank. I'm very scared, because he doesn't realize that what he's doing could kill him. There are bits and pieces all over the bottom, which was clean when I started adding new water.

I'm sorry if this description upsets anyone. It upsets me, too.

It's what I've been steeling myself for since this started. I knew from the beginning how severe the wound was. We're both fighting right now, really hoping that he'll be my little phoenix and rise out of this, but at the same time I'm mentally preparing myself for the worst in case (fate forbid) it happens. Right now he's butted up to the side of the tank next to me and I've had my hand on the other side of the glass in an attempt to comfort him. Every once in awhile he tries to get rid of the pain by swimming around, flashing against the walls and floor of the tank. I'm very scared, because he doesn't realize that what he's doing could kill him. There are bits and pieces all over the bottom, which was clean when I started adding new water.

I'm sorry if this description upsets anyone. It upsets me, too.

:( I'm so sorry chelsea. This is really an awful situation. I really really hope he'll pull through.

Googles sends ALL his love and prayers to Elvis. He's so lucky to be in your care, with a mummy who loves him so much x

I'm so sorry Chelsea. Keep hanging in there for Elvis. He has been such a trooper this whole time!

He knows how much you love him. :heart

I'm so sorry :( Wishing Elvis a good recovery!

:hug I really hope your next update is good news. I'm crossing everything I've got that Elvis is on the road to recovery. :heart

He's still eating, still fighting this morning. He chased the syringe around the tank, showing me that he's still able-bodied. His injury has lost all of the white flesh, leaving him with a little pink and only the thin membrane around his ribs. Now, I'm just waiting for him to heal.

Is it safe to up his protein to aid in building those muscles back? I'd like to feed him worms several times per day and give him his meds only twice per day. Also, should I bring the temperature up any?

Edited by ChelseaM

I've been waiting for this update all morning. :)

yes hun! yes :)

what a lovely update :heart

frequent feeds are fine, just be sure to not overfeed in one go, keep it light & frequent :)

CAM00160_zpsb9f00758.jpg

That's the best pic I could get this morning. He's being uncooperative. I think that's a good sign.

E.

Alright. Thank you. :heart

Edited by ChelseaM

Yeah! Keep on fighting Mr Elvis! Excellent job Chelsea! You both are awesome :D

Go Elvis!!!!!!

Ill be praying for you both hun. :heart

Oh my gosh... I just saw this post (havent been on in awhile). I'm so sorry this happened to you and Elvis. This thread had me in tears... Your such an amazing mamma Chelsea! Your doing everything that you can and refusing to throw in the towel. I think that motivation and energy is really helping Elvis through this hard time. You two are in my thoughts and I'm praying for a healthy recovery!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you so much, everyone.

Elvis is looking very tired, and has been since this morning. He can hardly pop up at the syringe for food tonight, and moving is extremely difficult for him. We're in the middle of draining his tank, which was more full of debris than normal. I took a few photos of his wound, and realized that the fogginess was indeed more of it falling off. The loose chunk in the photos has come off since taking them, when I accidentally frightened him by moving too fast. Also, it appears the wound is expanding at the top, as scales that were brown are now turning white or clear. The majority of the muscle on his injured side is gone, which makes me wonder if he'll ever be able to swim anything but circles ever again. That's all he's been able to do since it started falling apart, it seems. I know fish can regenerate amazingly, but I worry that how far gone he is might mean that he won't.

CAM00177_zps448cad97.jpg

CAM00172_zpsda28152a.jpg

Last night I was up every couple of hours or so checking on him. I kept having nightmares that he was suffering in death or that I would wake up to find him in a c-shape spinning in the current at the top of the tank.

Right now we're both trying hard to be strong. I just hope whatever we're running on continues to be there for us to draw from. I'm so grateful that we made it this far.

I'm sorry Chelsea. I'm wishing the best for both of you! :hug

Oh Chelsea... You are both fighting so hard. I am pulling for you both :hug

chelsea hun, we really do not know which way this will go. but at some point, if you feel he might not overcome this, if his quality of life is becoming less and should you choose to euth, you have our full support.

i am one to keep fighting as long as there is room for hope. no-one knows this situation better than you. no-one other than you can determine if he has the strength to pull through.

i will always encourage you to continue fighting but if you decide otherwise, myself and others will not judge you for your decision. what is right for Elvis is the priority here, and i am sure you will continue to use your best judgement :heart

I can't lie to you and say I haven't been seriously contemplating euthanasia. He's suffering, and it's plain to see. But my baby always seems to bounce back, showing me that even though he's tired he'll continue to fight. Right now it comes down to him. I'll keep fighting if he stays strong.