EMERGENCY: Severe burn

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the luckiest Fish Mom ever right now. :9:Dancing:

th_CAM00093_zps00a9622a.jpg

How long is it safe to keep thawed bloodworms in the fridge? Also, should I try adding metro to the worm water and see if I can get him to ingest some? He's sucking up these worms like they're going out of style. I'm going to stop for now because he ate about a third of a cube and a half a cube is enough for two goldfish. I'm worried he'll get constipated if I feed him too much at once.

After the video was taken I tricked him into eating a bit of his meds by hiding it among the worms while I fed him those. He figured out quick what I was doing and only started opening his mouth wide enough to slurp the worms in. I really think he's just not into that gelfood. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChelseaM

• Supporter

Chelsea! tears of joy!!! :clapping::clapping:

what a wonderful video! he looks soooOOOooo good, given the circumstances :heart

you are doing a FANTASTIC job with him :heart :heart

after seeing that, i am more confident that he will continue to fight so that he can overcome this :)

it is great that he has eaten so much, but we need to feed less, more frequently because his body may still be in shock and might find it hard to process so much food in one go. so, what i would like you to do, is for next feed, see if you can feed him half a pea first, then only some bloodworms, like about 5 or 6 only :)

remember, he's in cooler water right now, so the motabolism won't at the fast rate we're used to seeing them digest :)

:cry I cried watching that! Oh I am so happy for you both. :hug

This is just amazing to watch Chelsea.

I think the protein in those blood worms will do him some good in the healing/repairing of the wound.

:clapping: Yay!

Aww guys you're going to make ME tear up! :thanks:grouphug

The food in his tummy has made him a little more active. :) I caught him playing in the bubbles from the air stone when I went to check on him. As soon as my mom comes home with the peas I'll feed him again. He must feel really good to have a full tummy. :heart

We need a shark emoticon!

More enthusiastic than ever! He already knows that the syringe means food and tries to nibble the tip. Mom brought me fresh, all-natural snow peas in the pods, so I just broke them out and fed him half of one pea. He ate it like it was steak. :rofl Then he tried to get more worms out of me than six. I felt bad for telling him no, but I had to be strong!

Hi Chelsea, I only saw your topic today and my heart just broke for you when I watched your first video. I then skipped right to this last page and was so thrilled to see he's fighting and eating!! Well done girl, you're doing great with him. I can't wait to see him get better and better :) x

• Supporter

he's looking as good as can be expected :heart

i am happy with the routine, now, because he's food intake is more, i would like you to increase the temp to 67F from 65F. we will see how that helps digestion over the next 24 hours. have you seen poop? is it looking healthy or indicating stress?

he's looking as good as can be expected :heart

i am happy with the routine, now, because he's food intake is more, i would like you to increase the temp to 67F from 65F. we will see how that helps digestion over the next 24 hours. have you seen poop? is it looking healthy or indicating stress?

His poop is pale, but you can see the color of what he ate. It seems he's stressed, but not nearly as much.

And with a triumph comes a setback.

He just got caught on the air stone and ripped a huge plug of flesh in his wound, that included the pink flesh. He's just so accident prone, and now his wound goes so much deeper in that spot! We were doing so well!

CAM00124_zps9193e0b5.jpg