Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpoiledRotten

EMERGENCY: Severe burn

This morning I'm seeing healing. There's a thin layer of new flesh on top of his ribs that wasn't quite there last night before bed. I can't seem to get a good photo of it. I'm just glad it is there, because this means Hell is one step closer to being over.

7809.gif

:heart:hug:heart

Yay! I just got goose bumps reading your latest update! Woohoo Elvis, keep fighting. :nana :nana :nana

Well done, Elvis!!! Chelsea - you are doing amazing job! Fingers are fins crossed for you!

I have tears of joy right now.

He's feeling well enough to greet me when I come into the room! He zoomed over as soon as he saw me and was actually doing his best to do a 'feed me' dance. :heart I missed my spunky baby. He's getting back to his old self despite the injury.

:bighug

Oh, this is such good news!!! I know I sure have him in my prayers. :hug

great news chelsea!!

Oh my gosh amazing!!!! I wish you could pick him up and hug him!! :heart

Edit: my only concern is that he's been 'coughing' today.

i missed this because you 'edited' and i didn't receive a notification. so if you could just add extra information as a new post, that would work better :)

now, how do you mean 'coughing' is he continuing to do this? if so, could you get it on video so that we can see it? does it occur only during/after feeding time or is it constant?

Fantabulous news, Chelsea!! Dance, Elvis, Dance :pianobanana

Edit: my only concern is that he's been 'coughing' today.

i missed this because you 'edited' and i didn't receive a notification. so if you could just add extra information as a new post, that would work better :)

now, how do you mean 'coughing' is he continuing to do this? if so, could you get it on video so that we can see it? does it occur only during/after feeding time or is it constant?

It happens after he swims. It's a quick motion, almost exactly like when he spits food out. I haven't seen it today, though. I'll try to get a video if I see it again.

Edited by ChelseaM

ok, lets just hope it was a very short phase & it's now gone :) i am thrilled to read that he's responding to you more now :D got my fingers & toes crossed that it's all uphill from here.

you're doing a fantastic job hun, really really fine work, be very proud of yourself :heart

I just checked in! I'm so happy Elvis is beginning to heal! I hope that he continues to do well :D!

This evening's photo during his WC. :) More has come off, but only what needed to. I can see the blood supply going to that last bit of remaining tissue.

CAM00191_zpse35319b0.jpg

:) yep, and i expect that little fluffy bit, i consider to be dead to also fall off,. from there, like a plant, when all the dead bits are gone, focus will come to where it's required for rebuild.

hun, i am wishing the two of you a speedy recovery.. from the every piece of my heart :heart

I caught his coughing this morning.

th_CAM00199_zps8ace0c8d.jpg

it looks more like a jerking reaction than a caugh. either way, i really don't know what this is. so we'll just have to monitor it. ie, i don't know what it is, so i don't know if it requires any treatment if at all.

if anyone has suggestions as to what this caughing is, please feel welcome to post :)

thank you Chelsea, for providing an example of it :)

i would soon like to see a video of him reacting to your presence as well as his reaction to feeding.

Food video coming right up. It's his breakfast time. :)

To me, it looks like his mouth is open like he is gasping or something. that's just my :twocemts

He is looking so much better! You are doing a great job! :hug

It seems like the extra long mouth stretch causes the bottom of the gill to open quite a bit. Possibly this reaction is for flushing the gills of debris.

th_CAM00200_zps1b0846c5.jpg

Here's his exuberance in eating. :)

omg.. what an excited little puppy dog :heart

chelsea.. did you notice in the video that he's actually eyeing you walking around the room? aawwww :heart he's so adorable :heart :heart

O.M.G. :heart I love Elvis!!!!!!!! How amazing is that last video update!? I cried happy tears for you. :wub: