Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpoiledRotten

EMERGENCY: Severe burn

I can't lie to you and say I haven't been seriously contemplating euthanasia. He's suffering, and it's plain to see. But my baby always seems to bounce back, showing me that even though he's tired he'll continue to fight. Right now it comes down to him. I'll keep fighting if he stays strong.

we're here for you hun, every step of the way :heart

You know, when Pumpkin dropsied last summer, I went out and bought some clove oil to euth. Then I thought I'd just try to see if I could overcome a "fatal condition." It took four months using Helen's good advice for her to recover, but she is perfectly healthy now.

I think I would have given up on Elvis, not because I thought he couldn't survive, but because I just couldn't take it. I'm very impressed with your courage in trying to heal him. Good luck!

Behind you 100%. My support cup is overflowing :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

:grouphug:heart :heart :heart

You guys are amazing.

He's still eating, though this morning it was hard for him to keep the food in his mouth again. I'm leaning toward my not warming it up sufficiently. Moving is still difficult, but is manageable in small 'steps'. He must have been upset by something last night, as the stress coat is very stringy in the water this morning and the water is very cloudy. We'll keep trying.

Edited by ChelseaM

could you just quickly check the PH for me, hun?

We're at 7.8 for pH, which is the same as the main tank right now. Our well can fluctuate a little, but it stays between 7.4-7.8 ppm. The rain is usually the culprit if the pH changes.

7.8 is ideal, a few points up or a few points down in fluctuation won't hurt him. i just wanted to make sure that the PH wasn't the cause of the funky slime coat he's sporting at the moment :)

th_CAM00184_zps64b1d40d.jpg

CAM00182_zpsb31c4c5b.jpg

Here's some visuals. :)

I'm extremely surprised that this yucky water and crud happened overnight.

Edited by ChelseaM

how is he with responding? does he still raise his dorsal when he sees you? does he get somewhat excited at feeding time? is he bouncing about the tank at all?

how's his poop looking?

He bounces today, whereas before he was doing a little swimming. He hasn't raised his dorsal much today at all. His poop is most of that powder down there on the bottom.

what are we feeding him? only the bloodworms still? i am wondering if we can get some peas with some garlic mashed into it?

He's eating bloodworms and Super Green with Metronidazole. (today is day 7 of him eating the med food.)

I have no garlic, but since he's still super responsive to food I can get peas into him

let me check the ingredients displayed on my packet of SuperGreen. we may not need to change anything :)

it doesn't say anything about garlic, but when you next make it, just crush some garlic into the mix :)

I'll have to go pick some up from the grocery store.

Are you thinking it will boost his immunities?

it's an ingredient that can only do good. won't hurt if it improves nothing at all, but it's got some good medicinal purposes like probiotics, so yeah, a natural boost to his immune system (hopefully) :)

you don't need to rush, when you make a new batch, just add some to it. ok?

Alright. For now, should I just add a tiny bit of garlic water to whatever he's eating? I have enough metro food made and frozen to last well over thirty days.

if it's no hassle hun, why not? :) once a day i think should be fine :)

Alright. That will start Friday when I get paid. :)

I'm so happy to see you both are hanging in there! We're all pulling for you!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

He just devoured a few bloodworms and took a jaunt around the tank without having to swim in circles. I'm beginning to see some of what I believe to be new flesh on top of his ribs. It could just be slime coat, though, but I'm optimistic. :) The piece of flesh that's still on his side seems to be sticking around as well, which makes me hope that the cells there will be enough for his body to launch a regenerative project from.

Poops are solid and short.

It's amazing what I can observe when I'm stuck in bed all day.

Edit: my only concern is that he's been 'coughing' today.

Edited by ChelseaM

:nana Good news. I really hope Elvis gets better and better as each day goes by! You are doing an amazing job with him Chelsea. You must be exhausted with worry and looking after him through this. You really deserve a cyber hug. :hug

Chelsea: All i can say is you are great and as the Doctor would say "Asolutely Fantastic".

If each suffering being on earth could meet someone like you, the world could heal of all its problems.

Hang on Elvis, you'll win cause your gardian angel takes care of you.

:heart

:grouphug

Thank you, everyone, for all of the reassurances. You've all got my greatest gratitude for your support. I couldn't ever imagine I'd be so lucky as to have all of you to help us through this.

He's had his med food and been swimming a little this evening. :heart He's fighting. I think he knows who's backing him.