Sign in to follow this  
Kat_M

PraziPo and fry

Hi guys!

My babies will be 1 month old this Sunday and I think a Prazi treatment is in order. However, I am not sure how should I proceed? I have PraziPo at hand but I am not sure how many rounds I should do, and whether I should add some salt. Also, i carry out WC every day or every other day, and I wonder what to do with WCs during the Prazi treatment.

I would be very grateful for the advice. And I am posting pics as a token of gratitude :P

IMG-20130613-01208_zpse95e9304.jpg

IMG-20130613-01205_zpsb92eb4d0.jpg

Hi Kat M, I treat all my goldfish spawns from the first week and found that it is always better to be sure that flukes are prevented as they can destroy an entire spawn. they just live with the prazi and support it well. If you are doing daily WC to maintain quality of water then I should think that you will have to continue. a little salt works well too for many reasons when feeding live foods. Nice fish.

Michael

Wow, I did not know about it... Now I am scared. I hope that my guys will turn out to be ok :( How do I do about daily WCs and replacing Prazi? Would I just add the amount of Prazi adequate to how much of water I am taking out/putting back in? And how much salt I should use?

Yes that is a very good way to do it . but you do daily changes for water quality problems or?

No, we do not have any problems with water quality. I do daily WC and clean bottom of the tank from the waste to make sure that the water is pristine. They have their own sponge filter but obviously it is not very efficient.

I started when they turned two weeks and plan to do 6 rounds.