Sign in to follow this  
katearei

i finally have fry!

I've been so unsuccessful with hatching fry and I finally have two! I'm so excited that I finally got them to hatch. I've read just about every fry thread on this site and I finally did it!

The egg:

IMAG0971.jpg

The fry:

IMAG0973.jpg

Im sorry the photos aren't too good I had to use my phone but in the fry photo its just about right in the middle

Congratulations

Igot my 1st batch in march and non survived.then I got another batch in may and 18 have survived.

I added a heater and kept the temp on 23c and used jbl liquid food for the 1stfew week as well as crushed up hakari pellets into fine powder hope this helps you

I live in Florida and I have them in the garage so a heater isn't needed (: I actually bought some first bites a few weeks ago when they first started laying and I haven't had a chance to use it yet cos I couldn't get any to hatch but hopefully this is my time! They've been laying for probably almost 2 months. They've laid maybe every ten days to two weeks and I got so bummed I actually just started letting them eat them all. But I did a water change yesterday and pulled 13 out and decided to give it another shot. 8 were bad but those two already had eyes and then there were 3 more that stayed amber clear and now those look like they're showing eyes. So maybe ill get lucky and have 5!

Wow that's so awesome! I really can't wait. I hope they make it

If they are still spawning try a spawning mop and once you have seen them do there thing then put this in another tank I think you will find you will have a lot more eggs that way

Congrats on your new babies :clapping: ! I wish you the best of luck!

That is very exciting! :thumbup2:

If they are still spawning try a spawning mop and once you have seen them do there thing then put this in another tank I think you will find you will have a lot more eggs that way

The only reason there are so few is cos the 13 that were left they either couldn't find or they were on plants. I had just been letting them eat them

Congrats!!!!

Gradz!

Congratulations on your babies! Look forward to seeing updates! :hug

Thanks guys! I plan on updates as long as they make it. I'm just super exstatic that they even hatched!

So tiiiiiny! :wub:

So tiiiiiny! :wub:

I Had it zoomed literally all the way in lol

Aww, they look good! Good luck! :)

Thanks rai! They're really wiggly. I can't stop looking at them

Thanks rai! They're really wiggly. I can't stop looking at them

Same here!! I keep like, staring at mine, :rofl

It's almost hard to believe those tiny little things will turn into big beautiful goldfish

Aww... So sweet! Congratulations :) My guys will be 1 month old on Sunday and I cannot believe how much they have changed within those 4 weeks. This journey is a pure magic so enjoy your babies and good luck!

If you can, I would try baby brine shrimp. Mine three are mini goldfish at just 5 weeks old. I really do think that the bbs helped their growth tremendously. If you want to see their growth. I have a thread named exactly the same as yours :rofl that tracks their weekly growth.

Eta. How rude of me. CONGRATS!!!

Edited by ashlee18

I was looking for bbs but all the eggs I could find had bad reviews like being out of date when they're recieved and stuff like that so I was a bit hesitant to do it. Where do you get yours from?

If you can, I would try baby brine shrimp. Mine three are mini goldfish at just 5 weeks old. I really do think that the bbs helped their growth tremendously. If you want to see their growth. I have a thread named exactly the same as yours :rofl that tracks their weekly growth.

Eta. How rude of me. CONGRATS!!!

:) Congratulations on your fry! :) :)