Sign in to follow this  
Alexx

Aquatop canister filters?

Are the aquatop canister filters good? If I get it I'm just going to use it for bio media. And it has a uv sterilizer which is a plus because my tank is next to a window with Alot of sunlight that shines through. And how do I get rid of the algae on the glass. The uv sterilizer only clears the water but does nothing to the algae on the glass. Anyway, is the aquatop canister filter good? Does anyone use it?

Oh and has anyone used sunsun canister filters?

Don't waste your money on it ;). I recently bad a topic like yours. I didn't get it because I found a 13 watt UV sterilizer on eBay. It was 210 GPH and only $37.00! :o. If you type in on eBay 13 watt UV sterilizer on eBay, it is the "new 2013 model". The sellers username is like myfavouriteseller or something like that. And the bulbs are quite cheap to replace compared to others :o it's about 13-15 dollars for a two pack ;). And it works great! The guy guarantees everything "except" the bulb for 30 days :)

Sunsun and aquatop are the same thing.

Here's a review from last year on one of the models, http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/102055-aquatop-cf500uv-filter-review/

I have 2 sunsun canisters, (one does 1000l/ph and the other 1400l/ph with UV) and I have no complaints. To get rid of algae on the glass, you scrub it.

I Have been using an aquatop cansiter for over a year now and it works great!

I just recently bought another one!

I've had a Sunsun since March and it is a BEAST. No complaints so far. A little hard to prime but once it starts it's pretty good.