One eye bigger then the other

I think you mentioned this on my obit, but my late black moor was named Bugsy, too! Yours is very black and pretty. I hope this is just a growth spurt!

Awe! :) I think there is another person here that has the same name for a black moor. Thank you on the compliment on him. He is like a velvety black.

I'm confused then Koko??? The fish was sold as Black Moor. You see a ton of these fish in the big chain stores sold as Black Moor. They aren't really named that? That's how I know these fish as. Are they really a black telescoped fish? telescoped fish? What do you call these fish? How did they get the name Moor and why?

A moor is a black telescope. I think the name moor refers to black + telescope.

Kinda like the square/rectangle thing. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

All moors are telescopes but not all telescopes are moors. :D

• Admin

Kinda like the square/rectangle thing. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

:bingo:

• Admin

its like people saying they want..... with au juice.... well au juice is with juice any way so your saying "with with juice" :lol3

This Au Jus is a French term meaning "with juice." The term is used to describe the serving of meat, most often prime rib roast, surrounded in or served with a container of the natural juices that were produced as drippings while the meat was being cooked. It is not thick like a typical sauce or gravy.

The fancy telescope is in fact the "Demekin" or "Dragon eye" (basically, a ryukin with big eyes).

The "Blackmoor" is more specific: it was at the beginning a full black MAT common goldfish with big eyes, appeared in UK breeders ponds during the XIX century. I've never encountered this original form of Blackmoor, most of them tends to show fancy features as more-or-less ronded body or twintail.

In fact, black moor is only a kind of telecscope goldies among others.

I've even seen a calico common (long body, single fins every where a fancies would have a pair) with big eyes (he looked like an hammer shark).

Edited by King Poseidon

I understand what your saying. That makes sense. But, you still have the name black moor which is repeating the word black twice like what Koko was explaining above. Black black moor. That's repeating it three times. ha ha I get it but I don't. ha ha ha You shouldn't be using the name moor and black in the same sentence/name of this fish. Why is the fish called black moor if your just repeating yourself? What do all of you call this fish that is black? Why do pet stores call them this? On line fish..........Aren't they called black moor? I think it's simple but confusing me now. ha ha

Well hun Moor is from Japan so most people dont realize that its a shorter name for black telescope :)

Okay, I think I got it now from what you just said. I have a Moor. period. :)

I did not know Moor is/from from Japan.

• Admin

Well hun Moor is from Japan so most people dont realize that its a shorter name for black telescope :)

Okay, I think I got it now from what you just said. I have a Moor. period. :)

I did not know Moor is/from from Japan.

:bingo: