Moving shrimp

Well, the tech guy in my office put the smackdown on my office 10-gal. He said as long as it's not within 20 feet of a computer or any other electronic device, it's fine. This is kind of a silly joke since no place like that exists.

So, now that I'm done being super duper crabby about it, I need to move my 10-gal home. Luckily right now all I have in it is three ghost shrimp. Problem is, I've become rather attached to the little buggers :rofl I sort of expected them all to die within a week, but these three have been my champions.

Now that I have to move it, do you think it'd be all right to empty out, say, all but a few inches of water from the tank and literally carry them home this way? Netting them seems almost impossible. Any tips? I really don't want to hurt the little guys.

Thanks Haley! I can't imagine netting mine, I had a hard enough time netting the dead ones to pull out :rofl Those suckers are slippery!

Thanks for all the help! My three champs made it home :D I got it all set up, making the best of having to take it home, and got new plants, and, as my husband would say, a "$16 stick" :rofl

-pokes new piece of twisty driftwood-

Here are a couple pics! I went to PetSmart today and picked up 20 gorgeous new shrimpies. I asked for 10, but the guy accidentally got 20 after he got 9 and went for just one more xD

9001275260_7ff10dd961_b_zps603bb034.jpg

9000096767_f80a243cdb_b_zps2267d991.jpg

Thanks guys! Of 20 newbies, I only lost two overnight so that's not too shabby. I think I'd want to live there if I were a 25 cent PetSmart feeder! :P

And I'm liking having some real plants at home again :)