Tithra33 why don't you make videos anymore :(

Alexx

OMG! Tithra I REALLY appreciate you commenting here! IM SUPPERRR STOKED TO SEE THE VIDEO! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! OMG. ONCE I READ THAT I LITERALLY HAD CRAZY BUTTERFLY'S! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH TITHRA! OMG OMG OMG HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY TIMEEE!

OMG Jess you win hands down! I don't think I've ever ever had anyone so excited at one of my posts! :rofl :rofl :rofl

gallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

Thank you :). I need to record some new ones. Maybe a video on how to cure dropsy? :idont

yes, that is fine, but please upload it as unlisted and allow us to see it's accuracy before you make it public..

general vids are better, once you get into the medical side of things, it's best to gain our opinion in case of any errors. and a lot of medicines are to the individual case, so please be very careful with instructions.

OMG! Tithra I REALLY appreciate you commenting here! IM SUPPERRR STOKED TO SEE THE VIDEO! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! OMG. ONCE I READ THAT I LITERALLY HAD CRAZY BUTTERFLY'S! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH TITHRA! OMG OMG OMG HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY TIMEEE!

OMG Jess you win hands down! I don't think I've ever ever had anyone so excited at one of my posts! :rofl :rofl :rofl

gallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gifgallery_298_17_11288.gif

:rofl

I am mesmerized by all the bowing smilies :P

Yaaay, excited to see a new vid from you soon!

All of my videos have been unlisted and definitely not useful. Maybe someday I'll make something worth watching. :hmm

Thank you :). I need to record some new ones. Maybe a video on how to cure dropsy? :idont

yes, that is fine, but please upload it as unlisted and allow us to see it's accuracy before you make it public..

general vids are better, once you get into the medical side of things, it's best to gain our opinion in case of any errors. and a lot of medicines are to the individual case, so please be very careful with instructions.

Here's my plan. Tell them they need at least a 10 gallon tank if possible bigger. If you don't have a tank you can get a sterilite tub like I have and you can get a 20 gallon one. It is important to have a heater in the tank set to 78-80 degrees. But only raise it 1-2 degrees per hour so the fish isn't shocked. As for the filter, you will need something that filters at least 10 times per hour. For example, if you have a ten gallon tank, it would be great to have a filter rated at 100GPH. You will also need an air pump because warmer water had less oxygen in it. You will now need to add preferably cycled media from another filter if possible into the sick tank. Make sure not to put that media back in your filter though. You should then log on to goldfishconnection.com and buy Metro Meds which is the medicine that cures dropsy. After the tank is set up you will also need Epsom salt dosed at 1/4 a tsp. per ten gallons of water. Make sure you don't keep the Epsom salt in for more than 8 days. Before you feed the metro meds you must weigh your fish and feed it 1% of its weight in Metro Meds throughout the day for fourteen days, don't over feed or feed longer then 14 days or the meds can have a bad reaction down the line and if the fish were to get dropsy again, it may not be as effective. And what ever you do, DONT USE SALT! The salt traps the fluid inside the fish which is why it is swelling (pineconing) the Epsom salt should help relieve some swelling. It is also advised that you do daily water changes so your fish has pristine water. And if you take out 50% of the water add back half of a 1/4tsp if Epsom salt.

Am I missing anything? :idont

• Supporter

Here's my plan. Tell them they need at least a 10 gallon tank if possible bigger. If you don't have a tank you can get a sterilite tub like I have and you can get a 20 gallon one. It is important to have a heater in the tank set to 78-80 degrees. But only raise it 1-2 degrees per hour so the fish isn't shocked. As for the filter, you will need something that filters at least 10 times per hour. For example, if you have a ten gallon tank, it would be great to have a filter rated at 100GPH. You will also need an air pump because warmer water had less oxygen in it. You will now need to add preferably cycled media from another filter if possible into the sick tank. Make sure not to put that media back in your filter though. You should then log on to goldfishconnection.com and buy Metro Meds which is the medicine that cures dropsy. After the tank is set up you will also need Epsom salt dosed at 1/4 a tsp. per ten gallons of water. Make sure you don't keep the Epsom salt in for more than 8 days. Before you feed the metro meds you must weigh your fish and feed it 1% of its weight in Metro Meds throughout the day for fourteen days, don't over feed or feed longer then 14 days or the meds can have a bad reaction down the line and if the fish were to get dropsy again, it may not be as effective. And what ever you do, DONT USE SALT! The salt traps the fluid inside the fish which is why it is swelling (pineconing) the Epsom salt should help relieve some swelling. It is also advised that you do daily water changes so your fish has pristine water. And if you take out 50% of the water add back half of a 1/4tsp if Epsom salt.

yes, an unlisted video for us to see before you make it public.

yes, an unlisted video for us to see before you make it public.

Other than that, did I get all the info in? I would be proud of myself if I did :P

• Supporter

Other than that, did I get all the info in? I would be proud of myself if I did :P

it's probably best that you make your own thread on this, in the subies section. i can already see things that need changing.

Oh, look, I see Sakura reading the thread too. It's your lucky day, Alexx. May be she will see something interesting here to make a video about, and you will get a video from her, too! :D

What a wonderful topic/thread you posted Alexx. Took someone brand new here to bring up... missing tithra. This whole thread made me smile. Sakura is awesome also in her video's.

Alexx, Have you posted any photo's of your fish here yet? I don't know if this is your very first thread or not? Looking forward to seeing your cuties and what kind of setup you have. :)

Oh and how do you pronounce tithra33? Incase I ever want to make a video mentioning you.

It is a totally made up name :P in my head I pronounce it 'tith- rah' (tith with an 'ih')

Feel free to reference my dropsy video on my channel if you want. I don't mind- I need to fix it up anyway :)

For quarantine tanks, 10x filtration is a bit much. We also run quarantines that are not filtered, and just have airstones with daily 100% water changes. I personally prefer this method. Keep in mind dropsy is a symptom, not a disease, so metromeds, while are effective against dropsy symptoms, may not always cure them. Excessive external parasites and prazi can also cause slight pine coning.

Epsom salt is not necessarily needed in all dropsy cases, so perhaps mention them as options, and include the dosages.

Also it would be a good idea to include things like why salt should be avoided on dropsy fish in the future.

We can extend metro treatments past 14 days, such as extend it to 21 days. But this is only if it's needed.

there's a whole bunch of different methods, things to consider, etc. So that's why it's really hard to make a definite treatment video, because it can be correct for one case of dropsy and completely wrong for another case. There's a lot that needs to be discussed

Why don't you make a thread in the subbers section and we can help you out more with it? :)

edit: sorry I never saw the other comments about making your section- just quoted and started typing! lol

Edited by Narny105

Can someone tell me how to post photos :o

There is a link on how to do this in my signature, but basically you need to upload the photos to a hosting site like photobucket, imgur, or Flickr. Then, you post the link here. Make sure to ask your parents for permission first, OK? :)

• Supporter

Just saying that I LOVE goldfish videos from forum people so many thanks! I would love a video about how to quarintine new fish! Like, what to look for and how to know they are ready for thier new tank. ALso, how people condition thier water, aside from Prime, do people use Gold Trace> Gold Basics? Dr Tim's stuff? There is so much out there that I just don't know! Thanks to everyone that puts the time in to making videos! Plus, they look awesome on my Apple TV!!!

Just saying that I LOVE goldfish videos from forum people so many thanks! I would love a video about how to quarintine new fish! Like, what to look for and how to know they are ready for thier new tank. ALso, how people condition thier water, aside from Prime, do people use Gold Trace> Gold Basics? Dr Tim's stuff? There is so much out there that I just don't know! Thanks to everyone that puts the time in to making videos! Plus, they look awesome on my Apple TV!!!

This is a good idea for a video, Jess! :)

• Supporter

:rofl :rofl

oh my gosh you guys make me feel so guilty :P

Yes.....getting back on doing videos has been on my to-do list for a loooooooonnnnnnnnng time now :P I am a serious procrastinator if you all haven't noticed :rofl I also lead a pretty busy life that I thought would get less crazy awhile ago, but just seems to get progressively busier and I tend to try to spend free time that I do have here helping out on the forum since I feel I have a duty as a mod to be here as much as I am reasonably able to.

Okay. Here is my promise: I will make a video this weekend.... I promise! :D I promise promise promise!!

I really appreciate that you guys like my videos :heart :heart

This is the best news EVER :thumbs: I love your vids like so many others they have helped me SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO much and they are what told me about this place. :) I could never thank you enough I could just :lovewhip you :rockon

I cant wait to :theater: You have made my day :tbanana:tbanana :tbanana

thank you for the ideas :) I plan to make another video this weekend.... I will try to be a bit more regular with new videos from now on. It is always fun to get comments from people on youtube.... and hope they find their way here :P That is the biggest thing for me, I just want people to ultimately find kokos since this is such an awesome community!