Sign in to follow this  
joel08

Praziquantel UK Product

I just wanted to make this product known on here, that there's a good Prazi product on the UK market called Fluke Solve aquarium 10g that I just heard about. There were little or no Prazi products before on the market but now I have just heard about it I think a lot of people will benefit from this. Also another one is Dactymor by Munstor available at Maidenhead aquatics, a brand they just took on. Prazi is good for internal and external worms and flukes. Before I would use Sterazin containing Malachite green.

The only thing I still have yet to find is Metronidazole in medicated food for internal Bacteria. Still searching.

Joel, we have known about this product, as well as Wormer Plus, for some years. It is not possible to purchase antibiotics in the UK, unless you consult a vet.

I have searched countless forums and even asked for help for my described problems but I never once was recommended this product.

It was none as solupraz before fluke solve just under a new name so the lady told me from maiden aquatics. She said they use this on a regular basis there are 2 company's that make this kusari and verterk .not sure if there are other makes out there

Kusuri is the brand that our UK members have been using.

Does Kusuri do Hexamita as well?

I have used Fluke-Solve (still have quite a lot of it) once and did not have good experiences with my goldfish. :( I have also recently discovered

Cedapraz, but on the site where I accidently stumbled on it, it's £175.95 for 100g! that seems... mental. considering I could get 100g of Fluke-Solve for £52 on Vetark.

Does Kusuri do Hexamita as well?

I'm curious as to how you have diagnosed the type of parasite you suspect to be infecting your fish? Nevertheless, internal parasites are treated differently, but your fish does not have this.

Metro-meds is well known for treating goldfish with bacterial infections and it says its excellent for Hexamita. Hexamita is confused with hole in the head but I found it lives in the guts of fishes and causes the classic stringy white poop. Since metro isn't avaialble I will use a wormer to treat hexamita and a whole host of other parasites.

Heximita is an intestinal parasite, but there's a whole host of things that can cause stringy white fecal matter such as constipation, stress, eggs, etc. All of these issues can be caused due to poor water quality.

Metronidazole and wormers are two completely different kinds medications, so I don't understand where you are coming from in that post? Metronidazole is good at targeting anaerobes, as well as some protozoa.

But anyway, good luck!

Metro is oral antibiotics and wormers work externally.

Edited by joel08

Metronidazole is also used as a waterborne treatment. It is not only for internal infections.

You know what else causes white poops? Every other internal infection in fish.

That is not really what I read, I just read that mainly Hexamite cause the classic stringy white poop.

I think the issue is that you're searching specifically to what you want to read. It's extremely easy to get a biased view searching around online.

Alex is right, all internal infections, even stress, poor water quality,constipation, and many other factors can cause stringy white poo. It's not specific to any one parasite or other pathogen.

Again, I do not see how you can diagnose (genus specific) to an internal parasite based on just symptoms and what you've read online. There's been great advice given to you on your diagnosis threads that I urge you to follow :)

That is not really what I read, I just read that mainly Hexamite cause the classic stringy white poop.

This is what it says in the Fancy Goldfish book, written by Dr. Erik L. Johnson (veterinarian) and Richard E. Hess:

Stools that are hollow, white, and stringy are called "casts" an are seen when a fish has not been eating well for a while or has an intestinal infection. Such casts may also be see in perfectly healthy Goldfish that are kept in a tank with sand substrate.
(page 79)

Instead of trying so hard to medicate your fish, which of course can kill them when you do so upon guessing or consulting with dubious sources, please actually let us help you. We do our very best to consult proper reference materials when diagnosing. Thanks.

I just wanted to add about the white casings and stringy poop

I got my new fish LP from Rain Garden and when they get a fish ready to ship they fast it. The first time I fed my fish the poo was white and stringy the first day or two. As I continued feeding and observing the fish he started having healthy poos. The stringy pools were because of the stress of shipping and because he had not been fed in days. That takes a toll on their little bodies. You cannot determined a diagnosis from on factor there are many behaviors and other such sign to determine the cause of white stringy poo.

It is important not to over medicate a fish or try multiple medications by guess work. If you do this these medications will be useless in the future when it could be needed.

Please, please do not medicate until there is an educated diagnosis and treatment plan.you are doing well in you d&d thread so keep listening to the mods and do your best to help them create a plan for the fish! With help and guidance you've got this!

All fins are crossed for you! :)