Adding new plants - how long to wait?

jenzaar

Yesterday I bought two bunches of plants for the tank. Anxiously waiting to get them in there (and then buy more haha) :)

I bleached for about three minutes, put them in water for 12 hours, bleached again this morning and they've been in Primed water since.

I'm sure this is long enough to kill any nasties, but what about snails?

Just need some reassurance. I'm finding out lots about how to disinfect, but not so much on how long to wait before adding to the tank. If it's strongly urged, I will put them in a tub to watch.

If they're ready to go, I think I will wait until tonight after the little guy is fed. At this point I don't care much whether these plants eventually become food, but as per Pawsplus's suggestion I want to give him his own little nook. If he doesn't eat his nook, bonus points! :teehee

I was under the impression that the eggs were pretty indestructible where bleach is concerned?

Haha, but unless anyone else has another opinion I think they're going in tonight! :idont

Edited by jenzaar

I've never had snails after bleaching the first time for 1 minute. I have however had surviving aphids. Gross! Just wait a week and see if anything crawls around. Snails and bugs get super big in just one week. If you don't see anything, it's good.

Hahah uhhhh... Too late! :o

Aphids.. I used to know what those are. I think I will stay away from google so I can sleep without worrying what I've done! Oh my gosh!