Took Forever to Find the Missing Snail...

So, I got the leaky 55 gallon all resealed & back up...the Mystery Snails are living in there right now...& every time I look for them I can only find 3 of the 4...until I finally noticed this...grrr, lil bugger! for days I've been freaking out about how it might've gotten out of the tank...& right there it is!

GAMysterySnail06_zps31faad81.jpg

OMG, took me ages to see him! I love it! I have 8 snails in a 55 and I always tell friends I'll give them $1 if they find all 8. I've only lost one dollar so far!

Hubby was the one that finally talked me snails & we got the 4 mystery snails over the weekend. I told him that if any of them got out, it was on him. And pretty much since I could only find 3 of the 4 I've been snapping at him about it. I feel kinda bad about that now.

Amazing!!!! What's the best way to add snails to the tank? Got some coming tomorrow (apple snails) and want to know if there's anything in particular that I need to do!

I just added them to the tank like new fish would get acclimated & added, altho when it came to actually putting them in the tank, I just plucked them out with my fingertips & added them to the tank as opposed to having a net for fish. they've been bookin' around the tank ever since.

Thank you! I take it you don't need to QT Them?,

IDK, right now they are the only things I have in that tank. I would imagine u prolly should if they're going to be living with other already good fish. QT is always a good idea...just to make sure.

Amazing!!!! What's the best way to add snails to the tank? Got some coming tomorrow (apple snails) and want to know if there's anything in particular that I need to do!

Make sure you QT them first. They can and most likely will be carrying parasites. With daily 100% water changes for 2-3 weeks, it will flush the parasites out. Make sure you dechlorinate the water before every water change like you would do a fish. You can feed them algae wafers or repashy if you have it :).

I hope this helps!

:rofl

The only reason I hadn't read this til now was because I thought it would be a crispy dead snail story! :rofl this was way better

:rofl

The only reason I hadn't read this til now was because I thought it would be a crispy dead snail story! :rofl this was way better

nope, no dead snails...just me being outsmarted by a snail for days!