* Ammonia Level 0

* Nitrite Level 0

* Nitrate level 10

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

* Water temperature? 80

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 60 gals / 11 months

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 1 aquaclear 70, 1 penguin 350, 1 resun canister 500gph

* How often do you change the water and how much? 60% weekly

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday 100%

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 large pompom oranda, 1 med ranchu, 1 med oranda, 2 med lionheads, 2 bn plecos

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? 2x day repashy soilent green

* Any new fish added to the tank? no

* Any medications added to the tank? Melafix for 3 days

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. all had prazi and salt in qt, reprazied the whole tank around february and salt treatment for ich back then... Yesterday I added salt .2% so far and have been adding melafix for 3-4 days now.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Fin rot, specially on one of my lionheads who has the worst case, but all fish are showing some signs or beginning of it (except for the bn plecos who seem fine).

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? They're all their normal food hogging selves...

Hi everyone! Long time no post... Seems lately I've been coming back with problems :(. Well this is what's happening with the gang right now, las week we went away for a 3 day weekend getaway and when we came back finrot had taken over my goldies... They act fine but their fins look torn at the ends and one of my lioneads tail is half gone! So I obviously flipped, tested the water and the parameters where fine - I decided to do 2 huge 80% wc to make sure there was nothing in the water harming them and started doing daily 75-100% wc. It just kept getting

worse so 3-4 days ago I added melafix and see no progress, yesterday I started the tank on salt and they're currently at .2% salt with the melafix and it seems to have stabilized a bit, but the lionhead still looks bad. Not sure if to dip him and keep the whole tank at .3% and melafix for a week or two...

What should I do? As usual I always appreciate your help.

Here are some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You're on the right track, but I think it will be useful to do daily salt dips (3%) for them. Also, see if you can locate so acriflavine. If the rot is fast, you'll want a short bath with this, instead of salt.

We will need to go back and see what has happened in the tank to cause this fast rot in your absence, though.

No idea what started it, everything seemed fine - well last food I gave them was some hikari pellet food that had been opened for at least 8 mths now... Don't know if thay would get them that sick and after only one feeding... I also thought of the bn plecos attacking for food as the tail looks split- but they're usually scared of the big goldies and very docile. I've really no concrete idea as what caused this :(

As for treatment I'll see if I can try and salt dip at least Ponyo my lionhead tomorrow. Do you know if acriflavine is available at the big petstores? I'll try calling my LFS and see if they stock any... How should I try to get it - powdered or liquid? Thanks again Alex you're a life saver... :)

While it may not be a sure thing, the plecos should definitely be considered suspects, especially when food is limited or limiting.

The acriflavine can come either as a powder or a solution. I would try the LFSs as well.

Salt dip tomorrow, for sure.