Sign in to follow this  
waterfaller1

Riparium Build With Vintage Tanks

I can't wait to see the pic's. I tried to use the plant's from ADG but they were too big for my 30 gallon tank's. They also didn't work well on a barebottom tank. I did get some cool river rock's from them and some little hair grass plant's to put betwwen some of the rock's but my new fish thought it was cool to dig them up. IM going to the store tomorrow to buy some of those little plant's that have suction cup's on them. I will figure something out.

oh i love how these are coming out :)

quick question are the plants stuck in holes in the black foamy stuff?

Hi Shelly, some of the riparium plants are in the planters, others do better in the trellis raft. Yes, the aluminum plants, hypoestes, willow hygro, and some pennywort are just stuffed into the black foam which is called the trellis raft.

oh thanks for the info :) I can't wait to see these setups with your Betta's in them :) you must be so excited :)

Also when you get the chance I would like to see a top view pic of the 5 gallon :) Thanks

Hi Shelly. I will try to get pics later to day.Yesterday my router went out so we had no internet all day. Busy working today and playing catch up. ;)

Thank you! I got some new plants today. Three of them were way too big. But the other three are great. I also got two other packages of small plants that are good as well.Pics to come soon.

Edited by waterfaller1

I love the new plant's!!!!

Love your progress.

I've got 3 of the same snails as you. Wonderful to look at though not overly efficient at algae cleaning.

I love the new plant's!!!!

Thank you!

Looks good :thumb:

Thank you!

Love your progress.

I've got 3 of the same snails as you. Wonderful to look at though not overly efficient at algae cleaning.

Thank you! I love those little snails...so cute and great for nanos. All snails produce more waste than they ever clean. These are just for fun.

I am loving your new plants :) what is the plant with the very tiny leaves??I love it!!!

I also love your new snail :) I just picked up one of those myself for my baby Betta tank ;) lol

Hi Shelly. Thanks! The plant with small leaves is baby tears. It's had a bit of melt going on, but some of it is hanging in there.

So....I got impatient... :whistle

Got this guy today. He is super hard to get a pic which shows how beautiful he is. I will have to work on that.

The store called him a black orchid. He is a crowntail..my first.

newbetta002.jpg

newnew043.jpg

newnew037.jpg

newnew030.jpg

He actually looks black with blue highlights. The pics where he looks real blue I was holding the light against the tank.

oh he is super Handsome!!!Congrats!!! Crowntails are my first love :)

But now where are you going to put your other guys ;) lol

Long story on the blk and white one, but I will still be getting the one in my avatar. As far as I know the blk and white is lost somewhere. :(

And thank you!