Sign in to follow this  
waterfaller1

Riparium Build With Vintage Tanks

It looks wonderful :) I really didn't mind the first light at all kind of not to bright if that makes sense but I guess your plants will require more light though ;)

I really can't wait to see them complete and with your Betta's in them :)

Thank you Shelly. Yeah it had a wide foot too, so it did not fit right on the stand. Plus, it is not a bulb that I have ever been able to find a replacement for. Hate that about HD, they sell lamps and when you get them home and unpack them, you realize they have a weird bulb. That has happened to me twice. I chose this lamp online because it is adjustable, up to 25", it has a 7" foot, which fits on the edge of the stand, and it takes CFL bulbs, so I am running a cool white 13 wt CFL.

It looks like I have two options for fixing the 5 gallon Metaframe. One is get a piece of glass cut to fit over the slate in the bottom, and silicone it all in. The other is a product called Black Dow Corning 795 building sealant. There is a third method, which might be worth trying just to see if it does the trick. Some claim you can fill them with hot water and they reseal themselves.

It isn't high tech, nor fancy like some planted tanks. But it should grow in nice, and it's fun and makes me smile. :)

Oh and there is plenty of shaded cover for the betta in the five gallon, and I will work on filling the 2.5 nice so that betta also has cover from the light. ;)

I had heard about the hot water method,there's a guy on the forum who had redone a couple I can't recall his name atm though,can't hurt to try it though ;) my gram had given me her old tank metaframe when we lived in florida :) i wish I had kept it :(

I'm sure your Betta's are going to LOVE their new homes :)

the set up looks fantastic hun! i like it! good work :bighug

the set up looks fantastic hun! i like it! good work :bighug

Thank you Helen !

I had heard about the hot water method,there's a guy on the forum who had redone a couple I can't recall his name atm though,can't hurt to try it though ;) my gram had given me her old tank metaframe when we lived in florida :) i wish I had kept it :(

I'm sure your Betta's are going to LOVE their new homes :)

Thanks Shelly!

Good news! The hot water method worked! I swapped it out and set it up this morning. Pics later.

Edited by waterfaller1

Carole! that looks magnificent! :clapping:

Your not worried the betta well jump out?

oh my gosh that looks amazing!!! I am so happy the hot water method worked :)

I so want to do this now ;) on a little cheaper budget ;) those metaframe tanks are a bundle online ;) But I do love the look :) and the figurines are just amazing!!!

How are the tank's doing?

Hello Heidi, nice of you to ask. They are coming along . I have some more plants coming in this week for them.I will take more pics after that.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but both fish have been delayed until the end of the month

Glad to hear all is well. Look forward to more pics. Why have the fish been delayed?

I took a few pics, I didn't realize the last ones still had the five gal a bit cloudy from the swap. Hold on I am uploading them. I never did quite understand why the flights are delayed, or if it had something to do with the IBC in Texas?

WOW!!!!!! Everything looks amazing!!!!! Hows your 90 gallon? Sorry for all the question's.

Thank you. I can take pics of it tomorrow. They are snoozing.;)

I did do a big water change and scrubbed the plants clean, and added back all the originals, so it's looking pretty spiffy right now. :D