Sign in to follow this  
LauraThe3xplora

Betta basics?

Some people have luck with adf, but I didnt. I had a adf in a tank and 30 seconds after I added the betta, he grabbed the adf by the leg and shook him to death. That was so awful I wouldn't want anyone to see that.

Edited by Smegy Psiren

That's terrible! Gahhh maybe I'll just be stuck with a single betta and that's it :(

I think just having on betta could still be fun and nice. Also, he or she will still keep you company while in school. :)

My daughter has two betta's and we thought we could keep both together in a 5g tank. (this was over 1 1/2 yrs ago) We didn't know better. They are both girls. One of them kept picking on the other one. My daughter finally separated them. They each have their own small tank now and are doing great.

Snails are awesome! I've got 10 nerites coming next week. Idk if a betta would mess with a mystery snails antennas like a goldy does. I'm sure someone will know.

That's terrible! Gahhh maybe I'll just be stuck with a single betta and that's it :(

That's my plan, I recently started investigating this as well...I decided to just get the most AWESOME betta I could find! Though, the breeder recommended I get some tankmates. I'm not going to, but she suggested danios rather than tetras, because they don't tend to nip.

That's my plan, I recently started investigating this as well...I decided to just get the most AWESOME betta I could find! Though, the breeder recommended I get some tankmates. I'm not going to, but she suggested danios rather than tetras, because they don't tend to nip.

Oh interesting. I might have to look Into that. If I see a really awesome betta I will just get it haha

I have two males with a divider in an 11g (or 12? I just remember its an unusual number). Perhaps you could try something simular? Neither of them are aggressive (one of them hasnt flared his gills since we first bought him :o) and they always seem very excited to see each other.

Edited by Chai

I have two males with a divider in an 11g (or 12? I just remember its an unusual number). Perhaps you could try something simular? Neither of them are aggressive (one of them hasnt flared his gills since we first bought him :o) and they always seem very excited to see each other.

I thought about doing that! 2 in a 10gal would be ok? What happens if they're aggressive? Do you they just flare at each other through the divider all day?

I thought about doing that! 2 in a 10gal would be ok? What happens if they're aggressive? Do you they just flare at each other through the divider all day?
I'm assuming that will be what happens. :idont

They would get bored of it eventually, no? :rofl

No I don't think they would (flare at each other all day) but I do think that it could cause stress. Think about the little bettas in the cups at most pet stores often times they are right beside each other and if you move them they will flare for a min but soon stop as they can't reach each other.

As for the other two I'll let someone more experienced answer those questions.

Edited by Daniel E.

Oh, that's very true. :(

Maybe I just got lucky with two calm males. Perhaps just one gorgeous Betta in an equally as gorgeous 10g would be enough, then?

Super planted, lots of hiding places and very very spoiled. :)

one is good. :)

I'm thinking of doing a 20L divided tank with eighter an opaque divider or a planted one with some moss or something.

Thank you, you guys :) I will keep both options in mind and decide based on the temperament of the betta I get :)