Shrimp tank videos/photo :) Media heavy!

I wanted something nice for my office, and I miss having a water element there, so obviously, I needed a desktop tank! I am going to add a betta in a bit when the plants grow in, but for now I'm enjoying the shrimp. Who knows if they will last when the betta comes! Tank is a 10 gallon basic "start-up kit" setup. Enjoy!

8893085080_ddf994017a_b_zps85141dac.jpg

Awesome! Shrimp are so weird! :rofl Totally fascinating though. You might want to throw in some more plants to give them more cover for when Mr betta arrives. May the force be with you little shrimpys.

Thanks guys! I agree with the weird thing - they're fascinating, and gross, and so neat, but also disgusting xD I love it!!! Everyone in my office says how yucky they are, and yet they're always at my desk watching them scamper around ;)

More plants for sure! :) I might have to look into fertilizers. Not sure about that, but I got a full spectrum bulb to hopefully help them. I think I'll get a few more cabombas like I already have in there. Lots of room to hide! That piece of driftwood in the center is actually kind of an arch, you can't tell in the photo. That's their favorite hangout right now, so I think I'll do another of those, too!

Edited by kaylaj2355

I will definitely pick up some moss, I've just always been reluctant because I've never tried it before :P How shall I start it? They are sold on "mats" at my fish store, does the mat stay on while it's in the tank? I figure if I'm getting another piece of driftwood, I can start moss on that!

Finding plants here is almost tougher than finding fish, so I second your post, Daniel E! My fish store is okay when it comes to plants; they have a decent variety but the plants are all very small and pricey. I'm considering checking out the big nursery here. I know they have a pond area. I'm worried about snails in this tank, though...if I have any hitchhikers get in my goldfish tank, I know the goldies will take care of them!

Oooh, that link Smegy posted has driftwood that is already covered in moss...hmmm, I could be lazy and go with that...!