Topsy Turvy Has Swim Bladder

Guest mabelina

Guest mabelina

I noticed a beautiful baby oranda in a stinking pet shop near me and it was floating upside down. They said he had swim bladder and was going to be destoyed as it couldnt be treated, so i bought him for ?10. I then went and bought INTERPET SWIM BLADDER and the first course went in yesterday and im to repeat it in another four days and so on until i reach day 12. Ive now noticed he's not as lively as he was in the store and im worried ive stressed him out even more. Have any of you used this product and how long will it be before i see a big improvemnt?

I honestly do not agree that there is a cure for swim bladder.

I personally don't think I would use meds.

Is the tank you put him in new - just set-up? If so, then he is going to be expereiencing stress from that as well as from the meds. Keep a close eye on him.

It is up to you as to weather or not you keep using the meds. If so, just make sure to follow the directions. Also, do a big water change after.

What are your water parameters ie. Ammonia, pH, Nitrite, Nitrate etc... Ammonia always needs to be at 0ppm or else it could and will damage the fish.

If you do not have testers, most shops will test for free so you could take a sample of your water in for them to test.

I wish you the best of luck and let us know how things are going.

Archived