Sign in to follow this  
Lis.

Update on 60 gal planted tank

So over the last couple of days I've been rearranging and attempting to clean my tank of algae/diatoms. So, since it's once again looking presentable, I thought I'd share a few pictures! Everything has been rearranged, a lot of pruning has taken place. Baby java fern that have grown off the adults have been dotted about the tank, plants have been cleaned to the best of my ability, nerites added, and I'm now awaiting lots of new plants that should be arriving in the next couple of days :)

image_zps1b8a37eb.jpg

image_zps8d808583.jpg

image_zpsa6a3e447.jpg

image_zps417a812b.jpg

A shot of one of the nerites, and moustache couldn't help but get involved

image_zps144c8ae2.jpg

image_zps6264410a.jpg

image_zps98941cec.jpg

image_zpseec3c0bc.jpg

And it appears that someone may like the hair grass...tut tut

image_zpsbe0a479b.jpg

That looks great!! And your fish are too cute!! :clapping:

looks super pretty! I wish mine would let me plant their tank

That looks great!! And your fish are too cute!! :clapping:

Thank you :D

looks super pretty! I wish mine would let me plant their tank

Thanks :) will they not even behave with plants like java fern? Goldfish just like to destroy everything haha

Lovely. Gosh, I adore your black ranch :heart

Thank you :) yeah his name is Rango, he's my mums favourite :) he's a real sweetie, even if he has taken a liking to my new plant haha

Oh, your tank is gorgeous! :)

You did a great job on arranging the rock's and plant's. Your Goldies are beautiful.

Oh, your tank is gorgeous! :)

Thank you :D

You did a great job on arranging the rock's and plant's. Your Goldies are beautiful.

Thanks, although I can't take full credit, my 70 odd year old nan was giving me an earful about what looked right and what looked wrong haha.

Hopefully get a lot of the tubes at the back hidden when the new plants arrive too :)

Love the tank! Jealous!

Love the tank! Jealous!

thank you :)

Sorry about the video quality, but thought I'd upload of short clip of the tank :)

th_IMG_0568_zps96b74b5a.jpg

I just love the natural look! You have really got a good eye. You have placed those rocks so well, and planted in the right spots! GREAT JOB!

p.s. please post updates when your new plants arrive! :)

I just love the natural look! You have really got a good eye. You have placed those rocks so well, and planted in the right spots! GREAT JOB!

p.s. please post updates when your new plants arrive! :)

Ahh thanks! There will definitely be updates as soon as the plants are in :) I do prefer the natural look, I like using live plants, and I've always been quite lucky with them, considering I've never used co2 or fertiliser :) but I'm really excited about the plants coming this week, I'm looking to go for the heavily planted kind of tank :)

Nice tank!!

Beautiful Tank & fish :) Thanks for sharing your pics with us :)

I love your tank setup. It is really beautiful. You have some really cute goldfish also. Love them all. Your tank looks really wide in that one side shot. Is it? Your fish look happy swimming about. :)

Looks great. Be sure to post more when the new plants get here.

Man I wish my fish didn't eat all the baby leaves off my swords! Yours look so good! Very nice tank!!

love it :) what is on the far left?

I really like the big rocks

Gorgeous! And your bubble wand actually WORKS LOL! :)

Looks awesome :thumbs:

Thank you everyone :D

I love your tank setup. It is really beautiful. You have some really cute goldfish also. Love them all. Your tank looks really wide in that one side shot. Is it? Your fish look happy swimming about. :)

Thank you :) I think it's 100cm wide, and the depth is just under 50cm :) I tend to think it looks quite big, just because the fish are quite small haha

love it :) what is on the far left?

I really like the big rocks

I think that is the java moss, it's grown wild on a small piece of bogwood :) is that what you were referring too? The big rocks used to be in my Oscar tank, but I liked them that much that when I sold that tank they had to stay haha

Gorgeous! And your bubble wand actually WORKS LOL! :)

It does yeah haha, but no where near as well as it did when I first set it up, which is a little disappointing!

That picture of the Ranchu with the grass in his mouth is the cutest thing I have ever seen!