Do I have to feed snails in QT?

This is more about my snails than my goldfish but....

I'm treating my main tank with PraziPro and 0.1% salt, so I put my ~10 apple snails in a goldfish bowl with daily water changes. Do I have to feed them something while they're in there? Algae tabs or something? One already died. They're making a lot of poop for not having anything to eat.

Ooops....yeah they're been out for awhile. I'll pick up some algae tabs to feed them. Should I feed them in the main tank too, or will they find enough junk on the bottom to eat?

You will have to feed them regularly unless your tank has heavy algae growth. I usually gather my nerites up at the weekly water change, put them in a breeder basket hanging in the main tank and toss in some Repashy or algae wafers. I leave them there for several hours or overnight. :D

I do once a week when they are in the main tank so they are eating algae in there also. I would think in QT you'd need to feed more often . . . every day or so?

And I just toss the food in (Repashy or algae wafers). The wafers are kinda hard but they soften up over time and they can eat it then.

I do once a week when they are in the main tank so they are eating algae in there also. I would think in QT you'd need to feed more often . . . every day or so?

And I just toss the food in (Repashy or algae wafers). The wafers are kinda hard but they soften up over time and they can eat it then.

Alrighty, I guess I've starving them...oops :(

I feed my snails daily in QT. :) They either get an algae wafer or some ProGold.

I don't know if I could find all my snails and scoop them up each day. If I put the algae wafers directly in the tank, my fish will eat them, right?

Alrighty, I guess I've starving them...oops :(

I feed my snails daily in QT. :) They either get an algae wafer or some ProGold.

I don't know if I could find all my snails and scoop them up each day. If I put the algae wafers directly in the tank, my fish will eat them, right?

The daily feeding is for QT (quarantine). In the main tank it's once a week, like Lisa suggested. :)

I have a bunch of little apple snails in QT right now and they love dandelion leaves. I pour a bit of boiling water over the leaf, wait for the leaf to cool and add it to the tank. They turn it to dust in 3 days.

yes you need to feed them...algae wafers,repashy,whatever you would normally give them in the tank, ;) I just finished qt for my new snails yesterday :) I was doing daily w/c's and feeding every other day...