TMS and new plants!

pandamanda111

I put Wallace and norton together in my new-ish 45g a couple weeks ago! they seem to like eachother, and norton seems to be a little frisky.. :rofl

image-13.jpg

the plants are anubias, swords, and...uh..let me get back to you on the tall grassy ones. I'm sure somebody knows. ;) putting these into such a deep tank was by easy!!

thanks for looking!

mandie! :hi

glad to hear your two are getting along so well.

The plants look awesome! the tall grassy ones are vallisneria (val), hopefully they will spread quickly in there :)

Thank you guys!!

Thanks Jess! I made the post in the car and didn't have my receipt with me, so I forgot what they're called.

Here are some better pictures, the last was with my phone!

image-15.jpg

image-16.jpg

image-14.jpg

Nice to see you guys too! I'm super busy these days. The good kind of busy though :)

I think I'm going to grab some Flourish fertilizer tomorrow, I had root tabs before, but with all these plants, I want to make sure I give them all the nutrients they need! Planting these guys was a LOT of work!!

Thank you guys!!

Thanks Jess! I made the post in the car and didn't have my receipt with me, so I forgot what they're called.

Here are some better pictures, the last was with my phone!

image-15.jpg

image-16.jpg

image-14.jpg

Nice to see you guys too! I'm super busy these days. The good kind of busy though :)

I think I'm going to grab some Flourish fertilizer tomorrow, I had root tabs before, but with all these plants, I want to make sure I give them all the nutrients they need! Planting these guys was a LOT of work!!

make sure you use root tabs in addition to the liquid ferts. Those swords will benefit most from the root tabs :)

Jess-

Oh really? That's interesting. Thanks for the info :)

Thank you Lisa!!

Anyone know if sea hem flourish is a good fertilizer? :)

seachem flourish is good :)

Swords are considered heavy root feeders, meaning that they get nutrients most easily through their root system (as opposed to the water column), so a nutrient rich substrate will be beneficial to them. Not saying liquid ferts like flourish won't be beneficial, but I think the root tabs are more crucial for the swords in particular particularly with an inert substrate like TMS ;)

Jess-

Oh really? That's interesting. Thanks for the info :)

Thank you Lisa!!

Anyone know if sea hem flourish is a good fertilizer? :)

seachem flourish is good :)

Swords are considered heavy root feeders, meaning that they get nutrients most easily through their root system (as opposed to the water column), so a nutrient rich substrate will be beneficial to them. Not saying liquid ferts like flourish won't be beneficial, but I think the root tabs are more crucial for the swords in particular particularly with an inert substrate like TMS ;)

Gotcha! Thanks!

Thanks soupmonster :)