Catching a fish?

Ok, really stupid question, but I'll get to it in a sec. I have a bristlenose Pleco from Acro that has been in my QT tank for about a month. He's been checked out thoroughly in that month. Well as of now, I have a sick moor and I need my QT tank for her.

The problem: I can't catch the little pleco to move him! He's only about the size of my thumbnail, about an inch or so. I hate the idea of using a net (Not sure if that would work anyway :wall ) but he swims away from my hand and every container I try! Any advice??

I tried the food, but he ignored me lol. He just went and stuck to the wall :P

I used a container to trap him, but he managed to swim out a few times first :wall

After a few tries I managed to get him in the container, with your methood. Darn tiny fish lol!

Thanks for the suggestions!!

I try to trap them in a container against the glass and give it a quick flip as it gets to the surface. You might just use a net to herd him into the container. I've used a net on plecos when I didn't know any better and man do they get a hooked up. It's a nightmare getting them loose.

I've used a cup against the glass, and I slide it a little until they loosen...then when I flip the cup, I put my hand over the top and go from there :)

Oh yeah, they are lil' dickens! I have carefully caught mine with the net when I just HAD to move them. I have never had any incidents.

I had the same problem with my tiny pleco yesterday. I was so frustrated after trying everything, I eventually manned up and used my bare hands lol :P

I cupped my hands and trapped him against the glass wall (making sure he has nowhere to go) then I used a finger to gently push him above the water line. Doing this will force him to let go suction of the wall and swim away, right into your hands! Then you can transfer him :)