Bottom sitting moor (again :( )

Ok, So I just ordered some Kana from Dr. Fosters, but I plan on going out first thing in the morning before class to get the sulfa. Do I follow the directions on the package or do I do something else with it?

Yes, as directed. Keep in mind that your cycle in the tank will be destroyed, if you had a cycled QT tank, so you will need to monitor the parameters.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... I'll watch it like a hawk! *big hug* thank you so much for all of the help! I'd be a total wreck if not for your guidance! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

:( Oh my that is quite a turn for the worse, I hope he gets sorted out.

How has your water changing schedule been altered since the bottom sitting? Have you been wiping down the sides and bottom of the tank? Biofilm builds up fast and can irritate the slime coat of a bottom sitting fish. :hug

I've been doing a 100% changes every other to two days depending on how insane my school is. I didn't even consider the bio film =o I'll scrub it down asap! I can't believe that I didn't think of that!

I just treated with the triple sulfa. do I try to see if klaus will eat the Mms still? He reluctantly ate a tiny bit of spinach last night..

Can I do anything other than wait for the medicine to work..?

:( Oh my that is quite a turn for the worse, I hope he gets sorted out.

How has your water changing schedule been altered since the bottom sitting? Have you been wiping down the sides and bottom of the tank? Biofilm builds up fast and can irritate the slime coat of a bottom sitting fish. :hug

Should I go ahead and scrup, do a change and add more medicine...?

I'm a little worried about his right eye... the swelling looks like it could be starting to engulf the eye. It's starting to get really red as well. Is there anything can do for him?

Hi all!

I ended up doing a 100% wc last night and scrubbed the biofilm off of the floor. I didn't readd the triple sulfa sice I wasn't sure how that would alter the treating schedule. I got up today to find him swimming around happily like nothing is wrong! Should I treat with the sulfa again or leave him be?

I will let alex answer your triple sulfa question since he is familiar with your med schedule.

Is there any way you could take a pic of the sore on the belly just for a comparison?

zyqydy4a.jpg

a9eradeg.jpg

Just thought I'd post a side by side comparison. :) Looks like clean water is healing that area nicely. I'm sure alex will be along to address your medication schedule :)

Thank you! I'm really trying to get him back to health :-)

I never thought I'd be so happy to not be still for a photograph lol!

Thank you all so much!!

Will do! I had a quick question for you though: do I redose when I do a water change? The packet says dose twice and on the third day do a 25% wc. Im concerned with the cycle being wonky and all.

Thanks so much!!

Just browsing through the thread and wanted to wish your fish the best! He/she is just beautiful. I have a very sick comet so I totally understand the stress!

Thank you! So far everyone is doing much better! It's amazing what clean water and guidance can do for a sick fishy!

I wish you luck with your sick baby!

Hi Alex! Sorry I've been preoccupied with the new term :-. Dexy (moor) is back to 100%! She still is pooping casts and regular poo but she acts fine :-).

Klaus (my ryu) is doing better as well! I did the full treatment of the triple sulfa as instructed. He/she is really active and the belly has healed completely! The area around the right eye looks a little swollen still however. I've been keeping an eye on it with no change so far.

Thanks a bunch!