Bottom sitting moor (again :( )

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thank you! Are you able to take videos at all? The epsom has been in for a few days so a new video of her behavior maybe can help out about the bottom sitting. :)

He's back to laying on the ground again... Is there anything I can do for the redness under his belly?

20130602_174219_zpsfa05c1ed.jpg

It looks like he's developed some sort of white patch on his head too :(

20130602_174405_zps40d8db9b.jpg

That's kind of why I'm worried... You had me start the Prazi,and MM's on the 26th and Epson on the 28th.. He's having some difficulty with the MM's I think. He's having some very thick poops attached to the clear castes :(

That's kind of why I'm worried... You had me start the Prazi,and MM's on the 26th and Epson on the 28th.. He's having some difficulty with the MM's I think. He's having some very thick poops attached to the clear castes :(

Do you think he is constipated. I thought I had asked you to start the MMs, but I wasn't 100% certain. Sorry about that.

How much Metro-Meds is he eating daily, by your estimate? How much does he weigh?

I think it might be a possibility. He seems to be eating now, but those poops make me wonder. It's no problem! Your always helping everyone out. I'm amazed that you can even remember us all!

Ok, so Klaus is 2.3oz or about 65g (I think) (just reweighed him for accuracy!) and I've been feeding him, I'm estimating about 20-25 pieces a day, depending on his appetite... I hope that's been close!

1% of his body weight would be about 26 pellets, so he's about on target. Let's continue on course, but trying to intersperse peas in his diet to try to keep him regular.

It's very strange how antibiotics can have exactly opposite effects on people and fish, etc. For some, it's constipation. For others, it's diarrhea.

Whew, its good to know my math wasn't that far off! I'll defiantly keep him well fed on peas then :D

I know! The biology of every individual living creature is so fascinating! That's why its my major!

I almost forgot! Klaus has a scale that looks a little irritated.. He bumped a scale when I was trying to move him to the QT tank a few days ago. The scale that he bumped is now kinda red and half poking out. I figured that it would come out on its own, but it hasn't moved in 6 days... Should I leave it be or try and take it out?

Its the red spot further back on his body:

20130602_174237_zps24ca1d46.jpg

Edited by anastasiam

So its looking like klaus is getting worse somehow :-(. He isn't moving off of the floor and it looks like there is a ring forming around his eyes... I hope I'm seeing things:-(

Posted Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

Ugh. That's terrible. I'm sorry. :(

Is it safe to say that he has not been eating MMs? I feel like I've been suggesting this a lot lately (not a good thing), but could you please see if you can find Kanaplex, or Triple Sulfa?

That's just the weird part about it: he has been eating them. I was alternating peas and mms like you suggested. He got all 26 down yesterday snd the day before :-(. I did come home from school to see a ton of heavy poop on the ground...

On top of that, I'm starting to think he's a she. I finally started to notice a slight protrusion on the rear end and what looks like it could be egg poo.

I just had a thought... I remember a while back you had told me that Klaus would probably develop swim bladder disorder. It was something about how he swims a bit lopsided and spastic. Do you think it has finally happened..?

Ugh I spoke too soon. He/she is not wanting to eat again... Klaus goes for the food, then decides he doesn't want it :(

I'm sorry the video took so long to upload, but here it is:

I can pick up the triple sulfa first thing after class. Everywhere that has it is closed :(

Edited by anastasiam

Should I fast ship the Kanaplex or just pick up the Triple sulfa? Or get one while I wait for the other...??

Do you think I'll be able to help Klaus..?

I think you can help, Klaus. He is far from giving up. :):hug

Pick up the Triple Sulfa, because I don't want to wait.

If you can, get the Kana anyway. We probably won't use it, but it doesn't expire, and is worth having. :)

Ok, So I just ordered some Kana from Dr. Fosters, but I plan on going out first thing in the morning before class to get the sulfa. Do I follow the directions on the package or do I do something else with it?