Sign in to follow this  
kiwikacey

It happened...

Well, I did the thing. The thing I have seen SO MANY here at Koko's do, and I have SWORN I would never do.....I got myself another fish.

It was totally unplanned! I had wanted a tele if I got another, but love my 3 babies to death and can't wait till they get their bigger tank.

But I went to petsmart today for supplies, and this poor little guy had a rock the size of his eyeball stuck in his mouth, and he was so obviously in pain and distress :( I made the store clerk take the rock out, and figured....hey, I have a spare 10 gallon....and I'll be getting my 75gal in 2 months! My mom just rolled her eyes at me when I got home.

Without further ado, here's the little fella! I haven't decided on a name yet. His mouth is pretty screwed up by the looks of it, from the "rock incident."

I was also wondering....he'll be in the 10gallon for 2 months unless I put him with my other guys. They're in a 30 gallon, so it's already overstocked, but the new guy is little and I'm getting plants for the big tank tomorrow. Feelings? It will only be really overstocked for a short time before they get to fish paradise land! I'll hopefully be moving into my permanent home August 1st.

i1mpUCXyYdrRa.JPG

He's adorable. Keep very on top of water parameters/changes and he should be OK for a couple of months. Lots of WCs . . .

Congrats on the new little cutie! :heart

Everyone getting new goldfish is making me wonder if I'm next! :rofl

Congrats on your new little guy. He should be okay in the 10g for a few months.

:Congrats:

Very cute.

Congrats on your cutie! :D

congrats! I think that if they are small, a few months in a 30 gallon is fine :) Just keep an eye on your water parameters and increase changes as necessary.

Congratulations. :)

I agree. As long as you are on top of your parameters a few months should be fine. Ive been in situations where I've been forced to put my fishies into one tank, but they did fine. I put on an extra filter and changed my water regularly.

Okay - will do! I'll be sure to monitor my params even more than I already am :) My tank seems to be almost completely cycled (I'm afraid to say "It's cycled!!!") This little guy will be in QT for a bit, just so I can keep a close eye on him. I'll be sure to post better pictures later! Thanks, guys!

Awww, poor guy. Glad you saved him! Congrats on the new family member.

Oh, what a cutie! With fins like those, an after going through "the rock incident", I would have wanted to bring him home, too! Congrats on the new finned baby! Looking forward to seeing the little cutie grow! :heart

"Well, I did the thing. The thing I have seen SO MANY here at Koko's do, and I have SWORN I would never do.....I got myself another fish"

I think they are like potato chips, can't stop at one...or two...or three...

:rofl2

Gorgeous little guy :D

He'll do just fine in the 10 gallon for a little while. My situation for a while had me with two goldies in a 10 gallon for about 8 months and they did just fine, I just had to do 2-3 100% water changes per week. So just keep on top of the perams and he'll do great.

What a little cutie

Sent from my SGH-T989

Congrats on your new fish. He's adorable.

congrats on the new addition :) hurt my neck to see him though ;)

Cute little guy. I would add him to the other tank after QT is over. Good luck

Thanks everyone! And sorry about the sideways picture ;)

Here are some better photos! Little mini is no longer afraid of people, though he/she is skittish. Looking MUCH better lately than he/she did a few days ago!

ibr2x058qVjjvI.JPG

ihXM7fPvRSNDU.JPG

and a bonus picture of the main tank, fresh with new plants! Anacharis and Hygrophila corymbosa.

ihi6zy2swIulf.JPG

Aw, what a beauty!~! He reminds me of my Blue! :)

love the new pics :) looks like a nice little guy.

Pesky fish! I hate when they just jump in your shopping bag as your walking out the door. They're sneaky like that. :rofl Super cute fish, congrats.