What am I supposed to do with this shrimp?

It seems a little yellow shrimp followed my baby BN pleco home o.o No, literally. The guy who sold me my pleco kept a bunch of shrimp inside his tank with the plecos and one must've been accidentally scooped up D:

It is yellow and it seems really active. I've never had a shrimp before, how do I take care of it?

my gold fish have eat small ghost shrimp before lol i dont know if that helps you though.

sounds like a nice one though.

It does help :3 I'm def. not sticking the little guy in the goldfish tank haha.

Oooo, can you post a picture?

I'm pretty clueless about shrimp but I find them to be super cute!

Cool! Can we see pics.

If you wanted you could start a small tank for him with a plant.

If you don't want to start another tank for him (ask someone else more knowledgeable about this first) but depending on what type of shrimp he is maybe you could keep him in a (planted) breeder box in the goldy tank.

Edited by Frenzy

Neat!! I bet he'd be real happy in a goldfish bowl!! I'd probably run a small air pump with a bubble ball just to have a little circulation going. Keeping it clean should be real easy!! A few plants...it'd be very attractive!!

Don' forget WE REQUIRE PICTURES!!!! :panana

Oooo, can you post a picture?

I'm pretty clueless about shrimp but I find them to be super cute!

Cool! Can we see pics.

If you wanted you could start a small tank for him with a plant.

If you don't want to start another tank for him (ask someone else more knowledgeable about this first) but depending on what type of shrimp he is maybe you could keep him in a (planted) breeder box in the goldy tank.

aww a yellow shrimp :) please share a pic :)

Put some tartar sauce on 'im and *nom* :D

Make a little planted shrimp bowl. He'll likely live quite well in an old goldfish bowl :)

Neat!! I bet he'd be real happy in a goldfish bowl!! I'd probably run a small air pump with a bubble ball just to have a little circulation going. Keeping it clean should be real easy!! A few plants...it'd be very attractive!!

Don' forget WE REQUIRE PICTURES!!!! :panana

Here he is in a temporary container:

1f8kQTY.jpg?1

I am loving the idea of a planted goldfish bowl! ^-^ Thanks guys. It'll probably be my upcoming weekend project :D

Awwww so cute and little!!

Sounds like it'll be a really fun project to scape a little home for it. :)

Maybe some black sand, Elodia, some hiding places. And then a mini Aqueon heater. The one used in the now tanks :).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, but he actually kind of... disappeared. I had no means of regulating anything in his separate container so I put him in a breeder box in the goldfish tank and the next morning I couldn't find him anywhere :idont

shrimps will climb at times i've found many a cherry shrimp climbing up the filter wire out of the cube.

but if they stay damp they can live quite awhile out of the water, have a look on glass ledges that most tanks have

for hood support you might find him there.

edit

@ CoralPeachy yes they can also jump, they tend to jump out of nets when pulled out of the water

Edited by Wizz

I had a similar issue a month ago. I bought three Ramshorn snails and a tiny red cherry shrimp stowed away in their bag. When it came time to shut down the

snail QT and transfer them into the goldfish tank I couldn't bear to let the little guy perish so I went out and bought some soil, plants, a heater, some driftwood, a sponge filter, a new airpump and some shrimpy friends, practically bankrupting myself for the month, I hope he appreciates it.

It seems a little yellow shrimp followed my baby BN pleco home o.o No, literally. The guy who sold me my pleco kept a bunch of shrimp inside his tank with the plecos and one must've been accidentally scooped up D:

It is yellow and it seems really active. I've never had a shrimp before, how do I take care of it?

shrimps will climb at times i've found many a cherry shrimp climbing up the filter wire out of the cube.

but if they stay damp they can live quite awhile out of the water, have a look on glass ledges that most tanks have

for hood support you might find him there.

edit

@ CoralPeachy yes they can also jump, they tend to jump out of nets when pulled out of the water

Thank you for the information :) but it's been a while since it's been missing and I've cleaned out the tank very thoroughly many times since then so in this case, I think it's really gone... Poor little shrimp didn't have much of a chance in the big tank.

I had a similar issue a month ago. I bought three Ramshorn snails and a tiny red cherry shrimp stowed away in their bag. When it came time to shut down the

snail QT and transfer them into the goldfish tank I couldn't bear to let the little guy perish so I went out and bought some soil, plants, a heater, some driftwood, a sponge filter, a new airpump and some shrimpy friends, practically bankrupting myself for the month, I hope he appreciates it.

Lol! I'm sure he loves his new home ;) A whole small planted setup sounds like a fun project though. Maybe I'll go back for more shrimps when I have the time and extra $$$ to do one myself :) Do you have any pictures of yours? I'd love to see it!