Sign in to follow this  
bubbles22

Can I get a bristlenose pleco? Or maybe two?

I agree that you're borderline at 40 gal w/ 3 fish--plecos really need the same amount of water as GF and while BNs don't get huge, they can reach 8", which is a strapping fish!

I have 2 GF and 1 BN pleco in a 90. I will eventually add one more GF. That is 22 gal per fish. You will be at 13 gal per fish which is, IMO, overstocked.

If you can do 50%+ water changes twice a week it might work. Or invest in a 55+ tank! :)

So all you have in the 40 is bn's? See how many gallons the tank really holds. I am guessing more like 33 gallons. That means 3 to 4. Keeping in mind you need lots of hiding places and someplace to go with the babies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Angie,

Bubbles said she has two orandas in the 40B, but her autocorrect changed it two oranges. :rofl :rofl :rofl

I have a 40G breeder with two oranges.

This messed me up too. I imagined two little oranges booping around the surface of the tank.

You panted your tank white? Awesome! Pics or it didn't happen! :rofl

I have an albino bristle baby from acro myself! He's the cutest little thing, but boy does he poop! let us know what color you decide to get :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

You panted your tank white? Awesome! Pics or it didn't happen! :rofl

Painted. :rolleyes: Spell checker you are my nemesis!

I agree that you're borderline at 40 gal w/ 3 fish--plecos really need the same amount of water as GF and while BNs don't get huge, they can reach 8", which is a strapping fish!

I have 2 GF and 1 BN pleco in a 90. I will eventually add one more GF. That is 22 gal per fish. You will be at 13 gal per fish which is, IMO, overstocked.

If you can do 50%+ water changes twice a week it might work. Or invest in a 55+ tank! :)

Thanks for *your input :) I ended up setting up a second 40 gallon for the baby pleco and a baby fantail.

Edited by bubbles22

I have an albino bristle baby from acro myself! He's the cutest little thing, but boy does he poop! let us know what color you decide to get :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I chose to get the green one :) They're in high demand around here so the person I bought from didn't have any larger ones. He found the biggest one he could for me and this little guy is barely over an inch.

Fez2EZD.jpg

I like the small ones better anyway. He's adorable.

Seems like the little ones eat eat eat eat algae, and then once they grow up they get lazy and just eat fish food and poop all the time.

I thought it was fairly well accepted on this site holds about 45 gallons. I've seen multiple people post they have measured the actual amount of water that has gone into them.

Super cute! :D