"Force" a Colour Change?.

Prin44

So my lovely gorgeous big eyed Tele' that I recently got (I posted pic's) was stunning and Orange covered with black mottled dots and patches but he has gone completely Black now :(
Is there any way I can "force" on a colour change back to some Orange, at least patchy/mottled like he was????...
Thanks every one :)

I don't know how one would even begin to do that.

You could try to put him out in pond outside and see what comes, but there is no guarantee.

My only suggestion would be one of Hikari's colour enhancement foods but like Alex said, no guarantee. :idont

Probably a food color inhancer? I have a black moor when I accedently leave the light on over night one side of him turns white, then the next night I remembered to turn the light off, then he went back to his original velvety black.

Ok so maybe not Force hence the " marks but maybe help along sounds better, LoL....

I was thinking along the lines of a food of some kind. Iv always fed my Goldies on Hikari Oranda and some Lionhead.

Maybe some natural sun light may do it, but then hes just gona have to go back in the main tank so may change back again anyways :(

Edited by Prin44

It's it's already black, I doubt any color enhancing food will make it less so.

That's what I was thinking. I was just giving an option in case she was really determined to try and change it in any way.

There's really no way to physically manipulate the colouring back to what it previously was but hey. :idont

I think shakaho said it best - you just can't manipulate the goldfish colors to your choosing.

You might choose color enhancing foods, and hope for the best. The reason why I hesitate to suggest a person change to different pellet to see if they get color changes is because the pellets we are taking about can also bring about floatiness. Both Pro-Gold and the Hikaris are notorious for this.

Ah yeah thats what I thought, No worries. Thanks Guys :)

Black tends to disappear, and rarely returns. This occurs in ponds as well as indoors. Color enhancing foods intensify reds and yellows. They do nothing for black.

Well I am sorry that you lost such lovely coloring. I do agree with what the others said about the near impossibility of color manipulation. I have to say though that of all my pond fish it is very rare for one of them to maintain a deep black color, and they do look very cool that way.

There's things you can do to help along with the gain/loss of colors but over all fish are going to look how they're going to look.

Usually most of us seem to get black fish who turn orange and we lament the loss of the black...too bad you can't change problems with someone who longs for a black fish! :rofl

I'm sorry you're disappointed but I'm sure your tele is gorgeous either way. :)

Lets not forget colouring is, in part, genetically determined. Some fish just have a certain predisposition to blacks, oranges, reds, whites, etc; there's not a lot you can do about it. Some fish are able to, for example, retain their black (or vibrant reds and whatnot) with natural sunlight; however, there is no guarantee sunlight will work 100% of the time. I'm sure your black fish is wonderful, and as Shakaho has mentioned, black in goldfish is fairly unstable. Chances are your telescope will go through another colour change at some point. In the meantime I would just enjoy him as he is. :)