Sign in to follow this  
dankriscurly

Featherfin Catfish

Hey look at my new tankmate for my fancy goldfish!

This is a 4" featherfin catfish with a pointed fins but after 2days with my GoldFishes, they managed to be at peace. .

They were quite daring to rest next to it and even snatches the sinking pellets which I drop right infront of it...

As u know goldfish will grab any food as fast as lighting lol

IMG-20130514-WA0002-1.jpg

That fish is an aggressive species. They are territorial, get aggressive during breeding season, and need a LOT of space to themselves. The fish poses a threat to your goldfish, even if you haven't seen any of that behavior yet.

I would recommend moving him to his own home, forty gallons or more just for him would be perfect.

That fish is deceptively pretty, though.

I had one once and had to give it to someone else after it got about 4-5 inch because of aggression. I wish you luck though :) ps they are BIG eaters

they do squeak lol

yes im planning to house it in a 2ft tank onces i set it up...

afterall they are MONSTER FISH!

My experiences with featherfin catfish having kept them before with cichlids in a community tank is they are fine with suitable sized tank-mates and they will get territorial around their favorite hide out. If there is a conflict concerning their hide out and another fish this is when they will become aggressive towards other fish. They are not the dedicated predators that some catfish kept in aquariums are.

They are typical oppertunity/ omnivore fish that will eat fish small enough to fit into their mouth. So if you give them large enough tank-mates and enough space for their favored hiding place, they are good community fish.

Edited by Au-fish