Yeah, I HAD to do it... Tosakin with telescope eyes.

Mine!!!! Ohhhmylordy she makes me soooo jealous!

Hey... hey... you know what I think would be AWESOME????

Jasmine (this fish) and Elvis babies... just sayin. Now, if only we lived close enough to make that happen. ::o

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I have a major fish addiction. I troll Ebay all the time looking at what they have for sale. I usually pass, as I should really keep the tank space open for the baby fry I have that are growing up in the nursery, and headed to the pond in a week or 2, to finish growing for the season.

I've been really good about it... but then THIS happened.

T2eC16FykE9s7twyVBRjyr6qIog60_57_zps78d09180.jpg

Aaaaannnnndddd, she has an "outie", so likely female. Yep, I just bought her. I am hoping he ships her tomorrow, and she will be here Wednesday. This little fish was one I just could not pass up. Look at that freaking tail!!!! :heart

I wnder what babies between her and my red and black butterfly, Ralphie, would look like???

Here's Ralphie.

Ralphie2_zps5104a1f0.jpg

We just might find out in the future. :D

"what babies between her and my red and black butterfly, Ralphie, would look like???"

To speed up the process, you should play a little mood music for the fish...whatever that would be. :rofl

Ok, so I have a major fish addiction. I troll Ebay all the time looking at what they have for sale. I usually pass, as I should really keep the tank space open for the baby fry I have that are growing up in the nursery, and headed to the pond in a week or 2, to finish growing for the season.

I've been really good about it... but then THIS happened.

T2eC16FykE9s7twyVBRjyr6qIog60_57_zps78d09180.jpg

Aaaaannnnndddd, she has an "outie", so likely female. Yep, I just bought her. I am hoping he ships her tomorrow, and she will be here Wednesday. This little fish was one I just could not pass up. Look at that freaking tail!!!! :heart

I wnder what babies between her and my red and black butterfly, Ralphie, would look like???

Here's Ralphie.

Ralphie2_zps5104a1f0.jpg

We just might find out in the future. :D

"what babies between her and my red and black butterfly, Ralphie, would look like???"

To speed up the process, you should play a little mood music for the fish...whatever that would be. :rofl

Oh, definitely! A few candles set up behind the spawning tank, for mood lighting. Some Barry White playing- rose petals sprinkled on the surface of the water... maybe a little splash of Champagne in the water for them (kidding- I would not pour Champagne into their tank- just to be clear).... a nice bloodworm feast (aka goldfish steak dinner)... Give 'em the total Fish Sybaris experience. ;):rofl

what a Beautiful Goldfish :) Congrats!!

I may be wrong but I thought a vent -innie was a female and an outy-nub was a male???

Beautiful. Love the markings/colors, and her tail. :)

What a gorgeous fish, Jamie! (Actually, they both are!) :Congrats:

She is beautiful, congrats! :Congrats:

Thanks, guys!!!! Can't wait til she gets here. :D

Outie vents are girly girls- it's their egg chute, for lack of proper terms. LOL. They are like the opposite of people, in that way. :lol

That's a gorgeous red/white butterfly tail telescope. But it does not have a tosakin tail. Plenty of butterfly tails tend to curl a little bit at the tips when the fins grow longer, but that's definitely not the only trait that makes a tosakin tail.

When your right your right :) good to see your around and posting

She's out for delivery today! So excited... should be here in about 2 hours. *head exploding*

Pics of the cutie in a bit! :D *giggle fit*

Oh crap... I better go get her QT tub set up.. she wasn't supposed to arrive until tomorrow. :o

Edited by JamieMonster

She's here! Pics in a sec. Sakura- definitely right, Not a tosakin, as she does not have a merged caudal, and her finnage is more triangular as opposed to half moon. I wanted to wait til she got here to have a better look before replying. She has a nicely ruffled butterfly tail, though.

She is TEENY, well, compared to my fish, anyways. LOL. I would guess her at right around 9 mos, maybe a little more, but probably under a year old. A little under 2" in body length, would be my guess without measuring. For being young, and still pretty small- she has some nice finnage, and I think it will be pretty impressive when she matures over this season. Right now, she is a little on the skinny side, compared to what I prefer- nothing a little SG and bloodworms won't fix right up in a few weeks while she QTs.

Well, here she is in the big bowl to get her acclimated before QT. Video update to come later, after she is in the big tank with her new friends in a couple of weeks, as long as all goes well (fingers crossed). Not a tosakin, but I am certainly happy with the little cutie, anyways. :heart

Aww- she's just so bitty.

IMG_20130515_122932_zpsb72d74b5.jpg

Already swimming around & looking for noms- right out of the shipping box.

IMG_20130515_122904_zpsa33605b5.jpg

IMG_20130515_123021_zpsc6ab9f2a.jpg

IMG_20130515_122911_zps5d6b9d9b.jpg

IMG_20130515_122855_zps12b3d125.jpg

Wow She looking gorgeous, very nice :)