Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

Humpy & Bumpy Things (Pic Heavy)

Woot! I got better pics tonight! So, without further ado, here's a bit of a pictorial update from both my 55 and 100 gallons. I am only updating on the chocolate oranda, 2 telescopes, and the ryukins. I am very happy to say that these have been in my tanks since they were pretty small, and have done a good job growing. :)

Chocolate Oranda

I'm not really sure that he's a chocolate, but I really like this color. He is from DO, and is of the longer body type, which I am growing to appreciate much more. :)

Ora01_zps7b9b387b.jpg

Ora02_zpsb64461e9.jpg

White Ryukins

These guys also came from DO. There were three, but one unfortunately did not make it. As you can see, one is showing quite a bit of yellow, while the other has remained mostly white. I love these guys! :)

Ryus03_zps1686cfb7.jpg

Ryus01_zpsc1501e66.jpg

Ryu103_zps117586b3.jpg

Ryu102_zpsc4dbfd14.jpg

Ryu101_zpsb8dba7c0.jpg

Ryu104_zps230d1a88.jpg

Ryu202_zps54713bc1.jpg

Ryu201_zps6015787c.jpg

Ryu204_zps4dffc6a7.jpg

Ryu203_zpsc1e2a4df.jpg

Ryu205_zpsd3d9e641.jpg

Red/White Ryukin

This guy came from an LFS. He is so awesomely fat LOL, and he has a bit of a wen action going on as well. :)

Ryu302_zpse77f8bf9.jpg

Ryu301_zps3ca3d593.jpg

Ryu306_zpsc769313f.jpg

Ryu303_zps6ad2c9b6.jpg

Ryu305_zps2b5f5011.jpg

Ryu304_zps58764991.jpg

Red/White Telescope

Look at those fins. :D

Tele204_zpsfed0c811.jpg

Tele203_zps8a9b7adc.jpg

Tele202_zps498eb568.jpg

Tele201_zpsdefa9685.jpg

Black telescope

I am so very proud of this guy. He has been with me since I started this hobby again, and is just amazing. He doesn't have the prettiest fins, nor the best shape, but then he hasn't given me a single problem since 4.5 years ago (knock on wood). Some years back, he must have hit on something that resulted in that pool of blood in his eye. It hasn't bothered him a bit, AND it hasn't gone away. I think he's going to turn orange soon, but he's been threatening to do that for quite some time now. :rofl

Tele102_zpsa11b945f.jpg

Tele101_zps65f43278.jpg

Thank you very much for looking! :)

They are looking amazing, Alex! I loooove your r&w ryukin and Tele!

Love the touch o' wen on that r/w ryukin. They're all very lovely!

I don't think you post enough photo's on here. I think since I've been on here (Sept. 2012) I can only think of one time seeing your fish. :hummm;) Either that or I've just been missing the posts. You have some beautiful fish. I love them all. Your Chocolate Oranda looks more like a muted yellow and orange. What makes a fish a Chocolate Oranda? Just the wen being chocolate or the whole body??? I thought my newest fish was one at first but had learned it's a tri-colored Oranda that has been and is going through a big color change now. I love your Choc. Oranda and his colors. :wub: The Ryukins are beautiful. Oh my gosh the red/white one reminds me of a poodle puppy. You took some great photos to show this. ha ha The red by his sides of face, which would be the ears, and the wen would be the top curls of a poodle. Especially that first shot and last. Tell me you see a poodle! :) I also see a red butterfly on his upper back. So much character. Your telescope fish are beautiful also. Love the story you told on your black one. Thanks for sharing your fish with us. I really enjoyed seeing them again. You should post a video of them now. (hint, hint)

Awww- what a bunch of handsome gents. You have such gorgeous fish, Alex.

Also, send me your teles... Yes, please. ;)

Wow absolutely Gorgeous Fish.

Loving your Red n White Guys, very nice :)

Really lovely, Alex. I disagree; your black fish does have very lovely fins.

The really white ryukin has a nice hump! They are all beautiful!

Beautiful fish, Alex! The red & white telescope is my favorite!

they're all very beautiful.. i am really fond of the markings on that LFS Ryu!..

They are all so beautiful, Alex! And I am envious of your skill in both, fishkeeping and photography!

Wooow gorgeous fish!! I especially love the ryus. The whites make quite a pair <3 The rednwhite's so chubby omgggg. :wub: His white is so very white. Love it.

Great photos, Alex. I too really like the colouration of your "chocolate oranda". :)

Amazing! That red and white ryukin is my favourite- love the fattness! :P

I agree that you don't post photos often enough! You have one of the most inspiringly beautiful collections! Can not wait to see your new Chus!

These are all such awe-inspiring fish.

Great photos Alex.....your ryukins look amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Cracking fishy fish.. esp the moor.. shame about the blood eye :(

I love the one orange spot your ryukin has! You've got yourself some beautiful fish Alex :)

Your fish are stunning. Why can't we share them? :heart

That red and white ryu looks as underfed as mine. ;)

What beautiful fish you have :wub: , love the red and white telly's finage!

gorgeous giants! :wub:

I don't think you post enough photo's on here. I think since I've been on here (Sept. 2012) I can only think of one time seeing your fish. :hummm;) Either that or I've just been missing the posts. You have some beautiful fish. I love them all. Your Chocolate Oranda looks more like a muted yellow and orange. What makes a fish a Chocolate Oranda? Just the wen being chocolate or the whole body??? I thought my newest fish was one at first but had learned it's a tri-colored Oranda that has been and is going through a big color change now. I love your Choc. Oranda and his colors. :wub: The Ryukins are beautiful. Oh my gosh the red/white one reminds me of a poodle puppy. You took some great photos to show this. ha ha The red by his sides of face, which would be the ears, and the wen would be the top curls of a poodle. Especially that first shot and last. Tell me you see a poodle! :) I also see a red butterfly on his upper back. So much character. Your telescope fish are beautiful also. Love the story you told on your black one. Thanks for sharing your fish with us. I really enjoyed seeing them again. You should post a video of them now. (hint, hint)

I see it!!

Beautiful Alex.

Do you still have your queen fishy? I can't remember her name

They are all very lovely. Please be sure to post more pictures.

Very nice looking fish dnalex. That all white Ryukin has very good qualites.