Sign in to follow this  
Mernany

Feeding Blood Worms

So I like to buy the slabs of blood worms instead of the cubes but I was wondering how everyone determines how much blood worms to feed to you fish friends?

thanks guys!!

I use the cubes. I put one cube in each of my two worm feeders for four medium-large fancies. That gives them about a half of a cube each. The worm feeders keep any one goldfish from eating the whole cube. It also keeps them from being sucked up by the filter intakes. You can break the regular cube-size pieces off of your slab. However, I always recommend conservative portions initially until you are sure of what your fish can handle.

My 2 Oranda's get one cube to share and my 2 Ranchu's get one cube to share. They get bloodworm's once a week.

I use the cubes. I put one cube in each of my two worm feeders for four medium-large fancies. That gives them about a half of a cube each. The worm feeders keep any one goldfish from eating the whole cube. It also keeps them from being sucked up by the filter intakes. You can break the regular cube-size pieces off of your slab. However, I always recommend conservative portions initially until you are sure of what your fish can handle.

Oh, yes...frequency...I feed them bloodworms 3 times a week.

I have used those slabs before... I usually break off about a quarter size portion per fish I think?

I have used those slabs before... I usually break off about a quarter size portion per fish I think?

Oh.. well boy won't they be excited when they find out they all get more worms once a week :rofl