Bleaching bamboo?

dakotak

So after I killed my anubais and my hornwort was eaten by the lawnmowers with fins, my nitrates have gone through the roof and poor Shiro does not handle nitrates too well. So I am going to put my Moms and my brothers lucky bamboo in a small HOB filter along with a clipping of my moms pothos in a modified guppy breeding basket.

2 of the the lucky bamboo has never been in contact with other fish and the one that has been in contact has been bleached awile ago. Should I just rebleach em? Also I remember something about letting the bamboo dry in the sun after bleaching, so if someone can tell me what to do to it again I would be very greatful.

Also, should I bleach the pothos too? She has a big plant and I can get roots if needed but I am unsure if she has used any fertilizer in the dirt. Do I just stick it in the water and let it go? Or should I put some gravel in for it?

Edited by dakotak

Seconded. I think it's safe to use as is. :)

If your nitrates really skyrocket, you might find you're better off using a pothos (or adding it in conjunction).

Seconded. I think it's safe to use as is.

If your nitrates really skyrocket, you might find you're better off using a pothos (or adding it in conjunction).

I am using both the pothos and the bamboo.

Thank you guys. <3