Sign in to follow this  
IvoryValentine01

Loki, My New Dumbo Ear - PIC HEAVY

So, I went to out to restock bloodworms & while I'm in the store I hear this tween girl arguing with her mother about getting this particular Betta that was sooo pretty. Her mother kept telling her no and she kept nagging and whining at her. It was quite entertaining to listen to. I came around the corner and I saw the mother just randomly set it down on the counter in the fish section instead of setting it back where it came from. I thought, hey, I'll take a look and see what all the fuss was about. That was my first mistake. I saw him and instantly I was in luv. He's beautiful & feisty (my other Betta, Betsy Ross is pretty low key & just kind of hangs out in his tank). I told myself no at first. I even walked a couple steps away...but it was too late, I was sucked in. This is only the 2nd Betta since I found Betsy Ross (who I've had for a pretty long time now) that I've totally fallen for (the other was named Bruise & sadly, he got ill last summer & did not make it). Had to bring this one home with me. Comically, the checkout girl actually pointed out to me what he cost & I just waved her on & said, "Wrap him up."

So, now he's here & he's been named Loki for all the trouble making he caused at the store. And he's livin' it up in his cushy lil 5 gallon bachelor pad. Seems to be loving it...definitely a lot more interested in his surroundings than Betsy Ross ever has been.

here's video of him bein' all feisty in his store cup...

And pics...cuz ya'll luv pics...lol...

Loki02_zps463fef84.jpg

Loki01_zps43b00436.jpg

Loki04_zps28e77a0e.jpg

Loki05_zps65b9d725.jpg

Loki06_zps681fee77.jpg

Loki07_zpse16566cf.jpg

Loki03_zps2a871cc2.jpg

Loki08_zpsd6578a0e.jpg

Loki09_zps988053ba.jpg

Loki10_zps4b4b8283.jpg

Loki11_zps0601afa7.jpg

Loki12_zpsf9c48347.jpg

Loki13_zps7f2fe72c.jpg

Loki14_zps9c7462ed.jpg

Loki15_zpsc49665c5.jpg

Wow! He is pretty! Those dumbo bettas are pricey but I think they are gorgeous and worth it.

What a handsome fish! I wouldn't have been able to say no, either! Congrats on the new addition. :D

:rofl. I didn't look at which section this was in. I was expecting a giant eared rat or hamster.

He is gorgeous! His color is so unique. I bet the pics don't do his true color justice though. :heart

Congrats! What a great find. And thanks to the tween for arguing or you might not have even looked! :teehee

verry nice for a sec i was like What! you have two in there lol

Wow!! Beautiful!! :D

:rofl. I didn't look at which section this was in. I was expecting a giant eared rat or hamster.

He is gorgeous! His color is so unique. I bet the pics don't do his true color justice though. :heart

Congrats! What a great find. And thanks to the tween for arguing or you might not have even looked! :teehee

No, I probably wouldn't have. I walked right passed the Bettas on my mission for bloodworms. But they made such a fuss & then left him. I HAD to see, especially since they put him down in a place where there would have been no confusion as to which one they'd been arguing about. The girl seemed pretty peeved when I when she saw me with him at the checkout, givin' me the stink eye.

verry nice for a sec i was like What! you have two in there lol

no, just one...he's just really interested in his own reflection :-)

Oh my goddd

How gorgeous!!! :heart

Oh! He is really nice! Love Dumbos! He's got fins for days! :)

He is gorgeous! Is he a HM? I have a hmpk dumbo but his fins are much shorter.

Oh my, he's pretty! He looks like a dragon! I can well understand why you did not put that cup back. :)

He is gorgeous! Is he a HM? I have a hmpk dumbo but his fins are much shorter.

His fins are really long considering his body is only like 1.5" (I didn't really realize just how big Betsy Ross had actually gotten til I brought this one home). He's a little guy with big tail but no, not a half moon.

Very handsome :)

Beautiful!

(Now Fang can be in love with this Loki, too! :rofl)

How beautiful. Is his color Olive? Love the last photo. He looks like he's resting on a rock admiring and kissing himself as he fluffs out his long tail. :teehee

How beautiful. Is his color Olive? Love the last photo. He looks like he's resting on a rock admiring and kissing himself as he fluffs out his long tail. :teehee

He's not really olive...REALLY pale green with tannish/peach & teal streaking. Betta coloring is always so hard to describe & the pictures hardly do him justice. Altho I'm hoping he stays close to this coloring. My other Betta, Betsy Ross was mostly white with blue & red markings when I got him & now he's predominately dark blue with red & burgundy colors...some teal streaks...no more white to speak of.

I now know how you feel about this dumbo fish... My LPS has a few now.... I just have no tank :no: It's so sad going there now knowing I just can't get one of those sexy men....