My new snails have arrived.

I haven't seen them yet but Comet has been calling me here at work, telling me they are now in the house - red, white and black, he says.

How many did you get? :D

936266_354058561362624_1161549350_n.jpg

Comet sent this picture to me. We ordered 3 red and 3 white apples plus two nerites. We received 4 red and 4 white apples plus the two nerites. The original idea was to put the nerites with Newt and build a snail bowl but we'll see if they all make it.

Well, I think the baby apples definitely cannot go in with Newton right now. The two nerites (darker ones in the picture, at the top and behind the plant) are much larger ... but I'll have to see how much larger when I get home.

The red ones look like purples to me, mine were that tiny and all survived :) They are soooo cute! if you can give them a grow out tank with a heater and constant food they will grow quickly.

The brawn and yellow snails look like ampullaria snail. They get pretty big (5sm. or 2 inch.), attractive and finny as well :thumb:

Thanks all. The red/purple ones and the white ones are apple snails - ampullaria. The purpley ones are particularly in demand around here and I could only find super tiny ones. I hope they survive and grow. The white ones are just stunning and are really vigorous too, crawling all around the tank.

One nerite is really active the other not so much.

My plan was to prazi and salt a couple of the purple and white ones and add them to Newton's tank, but I think all but the largest white ones are too small. The nerites need to QT for a couple of weeks but after that, the go in the tank with Newt to work on the algae. They are actually a decent size.

Those are the cutest snails I've ever seen. NO salt. I'm unsure about prazi, but salt will kill them.

OK, not salting our prazing (although the nerites can definitely take a little salt). The new plan is to just keep the lot in QT for two weeks (just be safe, I think they came from a snail-only tank) and then move the nerites (if both survive, one is a little sluggish) and the largest white in with Newton. Ultimately, I want one of the purple ones with Newt but they are just too tiny.

OK, not salting our prazing (although the nerites can definitely take a little salt). The new plan is to just keep the lot in QT for two weeks (just be safe, I think they came from a snail-only tank) and then move the nerites (if both survive, one is a little sluggish) and the largest white in with Newton. Ultimately, I want one of the purple ones with Newt but they are just too tiny.

Yes, I don't you need either. :)

Yes, I don't you need either. :)

You OK Alex? :rofl

Yes, I don't you need either.

You OK Alex?

:rofl

It was supposed to have been, yes, I don't think you need to either. :rofl

Yes, I don't you need either.

You OK Alex?

:rofl

It was supposed to have been, yes, I don't think you need to either. :rofl

That's hilarious! I'm so used to Alex-ese I didn't even notice. :rofl