My poor Prazi

Hidr

His deformities are getting a lot worse. So far he seems fine but how fair is it to keep him like this? How long before he can't eat? Keep him until that happens? Remove his so the other two well have more space?

Here is a couple picture. It looks worse in person. The mouth appears to be off center and caving in on itself on one side.

Just looking at him makes me so sad.

PoorPrazi001_zpse6b164cd.jpg

PoorPrazi018_zpsd633f33b.jpg

Maybe I have answered my own questions. Just want someone to justify it so I wont feel as bad.

Sorry to see he's declining :(

I don't really know what to say other than to do what you feel's best for him. If he's healthy, eating fine, and acting normal, he should be able to live happily :hug

My new guy Cupid has the same thing but he's so small I can't get a good look at it. The bottom lip is crooked but he eats fine just seems to like smaller pieces of food rather than a whole pellet. That is until he's bigger I'm guessing. Sorry your fishy keeps decline makes me worry about my Cupid... :(

As long as Prazi seems happy, just leave him be. I had the same issue with Blacky Fishie who after a couple years I decided to keep separate because she was a very small and sensitive fish compared to the others anyway. Kept her by herself in a small tank where she wouldn't have other fish eat up everything before she could. This really perked her up and fattened her up, but in the end of course there was not much more to be done.

But by keeping her separate like that and providing food that's easy for her to eat (like blood worms, which can fit even in a tiny mouth) and soft gel food it really helped her out for a while :)

So yeah, if you in the end have to separate Prazi, or have to take other steps, that is just to be expected. But if everything is still fine for now and he doesn't look like he is getting skinnier, but acts considerably happy, then all is good :)

• Supporter

i had to get something called Wardley's Essentials "Small Fry Liquid Food" when on the odd occasion, due to illness, some of my fish weren't eating. i would mix medicines in with it and syringe feed.

now, i know this will be a bother, however, perhaps if at feeding time, you could prepare a shallow, small container and add some diluted food into it? put prazi in it for about 15-20 mins? i am sure his intake of food will be plenty that way.. here's the product i purchased a few years back:

Img_3499_zps8047a225.jpg

Img_3504_zps23d8feef.jpg

Right now he is eating just fine. Thank you so much for the tips. Going to keep him till he can not eat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Admin

Right now he is eating just fine. Thank you so much for the tips. Going to keep him till he can not eat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:hug

Rusty ended up with a bent in mouth at one side, though she didn't have it when I got her. On such a small fish it just meant I had to keep the food small - tinier pellets and she could eat them just fine :) Fingers crossed it's the same for you and Prazi :)

I'm not really sure why he wouldn't continue to be able to eat, if the food is small enough, and if you ensure that he has the time and space to eat on his own time.

All that chewing of food takes place in the back of the throat, which should be fine, despite the deformity of the mouth.