Sign in to follow this  
kathyt

Wanted to say hi, and a video of my goldies

I've not been around here for ages and there's been lot's of changes. (goldfish wise) A few months ago I responded to a craigslist ad for 3 fancy goldfish. You can't imagine my surprise when I saw them. They were huge. Biggest I've seen. But living in not very good conditions. They were in a huge 150 gallon tank, which was good, but it was so dirty, you could hardly see the fish. And there was a pleco that was at the very least, 18 inches long living with them. The seller said he had the tank and the goldies for only 2 months, so I guess their original owner is the one to be commended for their size and good health. To make a long story short, my son helped me get them home and they've been here for 3 months now. Other than some of their fins being in bad shape, they've been doing really well. They are so friendly, eating out of my hands from the beginning. The black one has an odd looking mouth, but it seems to just be the pigmentation. Oh, the little orange goldie, is a 35$ Petsmart fish so you kind of get an idea on these others sizes. Anyway, enough talking and on with the show :D

I cannot believe the beautiful fish found. The black is fabulous!

Oh goodness are they beautiful! I am absolutely in love with the white and orange telescope!

That is amazing. You were able to buy those gigantic fish and 150g tank! I love the black one. I wish it were in my tank. :) All four of the fish are adorable. I have a $35. Petsmart fish and Wow what a difference in size. How much of an upgrade did you make from your previous tank? The tank looks so fresh and clean. Congrats on both.

Wow!! They are all gorgeous :) I'm Loving your red & white tele :) :) Congrats on the new additions!!!

I cannot believe the beautiful fish found. The black is fabulous!

Thank you so much. He was actually so large it was a bit off putting at first, he was a bit of a monster. but I've gotten used to him. And love him. LOL!

Oh goodness are they beautiful! I am absolutely in love with the white and orange telescope!

I never had been a lover of tele's but am now quite a fan. Thank you!

That is amazing. You were able to buy those gigantic fish and 150g tank! I love the black one.

Thanks so much! He wasn't selling the tank, just the goldies. They're in my 75g and seem happy. Of course, there will be no more fish, these are at full capacity. :)

Ill take the Black one... :teehee

Beautiful fish.

Have you given them any names?

Wow some very nice fish.

Oh my goodness!! That black Orandas has to be at least nine inches long not counting his fins... please, would you measure them? They're all so big and gorgeous!

congrats they were a fabulous find. They were also lucky to find you!

I can't believe anyone would give up such a beautiful and rare black oranda! That is a great find! I'm sure they will continue to thrive in your care. :)

oh those orandas are Monsters!! Just love their cheeks, I wanna mush em!

Thankyou for sharing, and congrats on such amazing fish. wow! :D

Wow!! They are all gorgeous :) I'm Loving your red & white tele :) :) Congrats on the new additions!!!

Thank you Shell!

Ill take the Black one... :teehee

LOL! I'm really loving him too! He's not going any where.

Beautiful fish.

Have you given them any names?

Yes, the black one is Moe. Large orange oranda's name is Tang. The little oranda is Lil'. And the tele we call Blanche. :teehee

Wow some very nice fish.

Thanks Hidr!

I'm glad you rescued those poor fishies. They look great! I love the names. :)

So many nice compliments on these guys. Thank you!

Oh my goodness!! That black Orandas has to be at least nine inches long not counting his fins... please, would you measure them? They're all so big and gorgeous!

Chelsea, you're very good at questimating fish size. I think you're right on, he's about 9 inches without his fins. And so big around too. I worry that he's too fat.... Sometime I will weight them. I think the orange one is about 7 inches and the tele is 6 inches. But Moe (black oranda) really shocked me when I first saw him.

I can't believe anyone would give up such a beautiful and rare black oranda! That is a great find! I'm sure they will continue to thrive in your care. :)

The guy that was selling them had no idea that these fish were special at all. He was getting rid of them so that he could buy some discus. He wanted $50.00 for all three. :teehee Of course I didn't quibble about the price

The cheeks are the reason I am such a fan of Orandas! I just love their puppy dog faces.

The cheeks are the reason I am such a fan of Orandas! I just love their puppy dog faces.

Hahah, I'm so glad you got that!.... and that I'm not the only one who can equate fish cheeks with dog faces :rofl

Kathy!

I've missed you! How are you? How have you been?

The fish are gorgeous, and that black oranda is massive and envy-inducing! I'm so glad you came by to share with us, and hope that you'll be around. :)

Kathy!

I've missed you! How are you? How have you been?

The fish are gorgeous, and that black oranda is massive and envy-inducing! I'm so glad you came by to share with us, and hope that you'll be around. :)

Hi Alex! :hi I've missed this place and all the great people here.

Thank you for the compliments on my fish. I was actually hesitant to bring these guys home. Their tank was so dirty, it was hard to see them and know for sure what I was getting into. But I'm so glad I did! I really enjoy them.