Sign in to follow this  
Jeff99

Fear of lamp ?

I just bought a new ranchu goldfish 4 days ago and mix it with my black moor , the size of them is the same about 4,5 cm . But from the beginning when I turn on the lamp the ranchu is swim very fast to the corner of the tank , but not my blackmoor . My lamp was a led-type-lamp . Could anyone help me ? I worried he will stuck at the filter, because the filter was a canister filter . Thanks :)

If your new ranchu is not used to the lighting, you will have to acclimate him to it. He will adjust to the lighting in time; however, in the meantime you will want to ensure the light is not stressing him too much.

For future reference, it is best to quarantine new fish before introducing them to a tank. Not only does this allow you to ensure that the new fish is healthy, but it also prevents the spread of possible pathogens. That is, you can preemptively treat for things such as flukes.

Thanks for the information Dan. And could someone tell me the tail types of ranchu(s)?

My fish sometimes get their eyes hurt by the light :) Like I do sometimes in the morning. What I do is open the curtain in the room they're in so it gets light. Then I turn on a lamp that is somewhere else in the room. Then a few minutes later, I turn on their overhead light. Then they can adjust!

Ok I will try to make them adjust with the light ..

Yeah, if you turn on some room lights first in the a.m. and let them adjust slowly, they'll be happier. Mother Nature, after all, never just turns the light on all of a sudden. ;) It happens over the course of an hour or more in the real world. Just try to make it more natural and that will help!

Yes , of course !

I've never thought of this before. I usually just turn their light on. I'm going to start turning other lights on for them first. I feel bad now my poor babies :(

Don't feel too bad, we're just learning as we go, most of us! :)

Yeahh ..... Its true

Do you have anything for the ranchu to get away from the light from in your tank just so he doesn't feel so much in the spotlight? A big sideways flowerpot or some broad leaved plants does the job very well :)

I don't know exactly what you mean by tail types of ranchu.... There are top view ranchu and side view ranchu though and there are slightly different tail requirements depending on how they are meant to be viewed.

Ok thanks :)