Turning into a ham

This little cutie has grown quite a bit! He seems to be losing the orange. He was deep dark orange when I got him and now he is more golden, even with SG. It looks like some of the scales are turning white too. I like it though, don't get me wrong! :)

I like how the coloring of his tail makes him look like a common, unless you see the long white comet tips against a dark background. :)

100_1274_zps391b2d21.jpg

100_1277_zps3593a0d4.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

He has changed in colors and growth a lot. How long have you had him? Cute little guy.

I have him for pretty much exactly six weeks now. Doesn't even seem that long to me! But I like keeping him in QT for a little longer since he came from Walmart's feeder tank, and that store's fish is full of parasites.

He's coming along great. Lots of TLC and good feeding does wonders.

very cute! he looks a little chubbier I think :) I was just looking at the willows on the RG site today and thinking if I ever had a pond it would be neat to stock it with those. It's like half fancy half single tail :D

He's beautiful! Is that a commet and telescope cross?

very cute! he looks a little chubbier I think :) I was just looking at the willows on the RG site today and thinking if I ever had a pond it would be neat to stock it with those. It's like half fancy half single tail :D

We have one that came in with the small feeders :).

Yes, he certainly got much chubbier. :) And yes! I just looked at the two calico willows RG has, like a week or two ago. They are beautiful! The videos of them, these guys seem so cute and shy and kind of awkward :rofl

He's beautiful! Is that a commet and telescope cross?

We have one that came in with the small feeders :).

Not a direct cross, If I remember what I read then shubunkins were developed by crossing comets with calico telescopes, and that is why some single tails have teles eyes pop up :)

You've one such a good job! I love his eyes - not as bulging as tele eyes but still interesting and sweet.

Thanks! I do like his smaller teles eyes a lot though. :) In general I actually prefer teles with smaller eyes but I keep ending up with those that grow ginormous eyes within a few months. I guess I have to change my teles-source :rofl

Beautiful! I love the "common illusion!" :D

Yeah, he's trying to look tough :rofl